LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
peeeel'n
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any "good" experiences with dyno tunes near Wichita KS? I will be ready for a tune in a couple of weeks and would like to hear your tuning experiences. Who has the best reputation in the area?

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
good luck finding one around here, NOT going to happen and in way
would I suggest you strapping you car to the dyno at modify'd performance
in town.. I am thinking KC is your best bet, Let me know when you get closer
to tuning, I would like to tune mine also..
dont think we have met before or have we ??

·
2004 IBM A4
1,287 Posts
Hey, you guys find anywhere to do this that is respectable/worthy drop a line. I'd be interested as well.

·
peeeel'n
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slowgoat said:
good luck finding one around here, NOT going to happen and in way
would I suggest you strapping you car to the dyno at modify'd performance
in town.. I am thinking KC is your best bet, Let me know when you get closer
to tuning, I would like to tune mine also..
dont think we have met before or have we ??
I have not met many local late model GTO owners yet, but would like to....I will probably be at WIR this weekend for the Pontiac show / drags (unfortunately no engine in the car yet). If you are going to be out there, I will track you down, along with any other late model gto owners.

The only other time I have been on a chassis dyno, I drove to Dallas / FW area to LG Motorsports. Easy drive...but 6+ hours:barf: Some have mentioned MC in the KC area, but no "solid" recommendations.

I am going to do my initial tune myself with HP tuners - then, depending on the results, decide on a dyno shop.

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
look me up, Mine is cyclone grey, and obnoxisly loud, It running around the west side all the time.. I also use HPTuners it has become an experiment to say the least, fun to learn though and lots of street dyno time,
probably made 60-70 passes down the industrial area roads by my office

you should get on www.wichitaracing.com/forums
there are a few guys on there in the process of tuning LSx motors
one of them also has a New GTO with a 402 in it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dynojet Dynamometer in Hutchinson, KS

Hello, I'm from Hutchinson, KS and my husband and this two brothers are opening an auto repair/tune shop named Maximum Performance at 305 East 3rd. We are not open yet, but we are doing dyno runs for those who are needing the service now.

You may contact my husband at (620)694-9249, his name is Michael Blackburn, he is available on Saturdays or Sundays down at the shop if you are interested in bringing your car in. I've had my car (2005 GTO) dyno'ed at the shop and it's rated at about 325 hp and 335 torque (avg).

Please consider us, my husband is a die hard gear head, has a 1998 Z28 of his own... we would be very excited to hear from anyone who is interested.

Hope to hear from you soon. email me, Becky Blackburn at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to schedule a session.:gears:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will be attending the Pontiac gathering this weekend north of Maize.

By the way my husband and I are planning on attending the Pontiac gathering this weekend (Saturday October 7th) north of Maize. Hope to see you fellow GTO owners there as well. I believe there is going to be a car show at the meet, I'm planning on entering my ride, please stop by and say hi!!

·
peeeel'n
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silver Sin said:
By the way my husband and I are planning on attending the Pontiac gathering this weekend (Saturday October 7th) north of Maize. Hope to see you fellow GTO owners there as well. I believe there is going to be a car show at the meet, I'm planning on entering my ride, please stop by and say hi!!
Sounds great! ...look for you at WIR on Saturday.

I am originally from Hutch, but cannot picture where your shop would be (it's been a while....). Next time I am in town I will check it out.:burnout:

...and welcome to the group!! We are harmless.....no, really...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts