LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
610 Posts
So FBO meaning full exhaust with long tubes, cold air intake, fast 102, etc? What you have done to it.

Good numbers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So FBO meaning full exhaust with long tubes, cold air intake, fast 102, etc? What you have done to it.

Good numbers.
Pretty much but this is what has been done.
1. LS6 factory intake manni.
2. X-air intake CIA
3. Ngk tr6 spark plugs
4. 1 7/8 inch headers
5. Stage 2 monster clutch 550
That's all that's done to the car. Still stock MAF also.

The thing I love the most is all the hp is being made right in the groove. Not needing to Rev this thing out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Better than our 6.0.
What's funny was that I have sorced a 6l and my tuner said to leave it alone. The engine is strong and realistically unless I was thinking of pushing a lot of power, north of 700 hp that the LS1 I have I should get a good 550-600 rwhp if I go with a Magnuson SC. I was thinking of doing an NA build but he made a lot fo sense. But I have to weigh out options. Im doing this for my kid cause I'm terminally ill so in all reality I don't know if a SC build is something I want to leave my kid. Mom definitely will hold the keys till his mature and old enough to drive the car but I don't want him doing anything dumb.

·
Super Moderator
16,768 Posts
Im doing this for my kid cause I'm terminally ill so in all reality I don't know if a SC build is something I want to leave my kid. Mom definitely will hold the keys till his mature and old enough to drive the car but I don't want him doing anything dumb.
Sorry to hear that man. Glad you are out living it up!

Take care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts