LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealer is advertising $31,189 for their M6 cars. That's $2001 off sticker. For the guys that can't get special pricing, that's a pretty good deal.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
T.Vick said:
A local dealer is advertising $31,189 for their M6 cars. That's $2001 off sticker. For the guys that can't get special pricing, that's a pretty good deal.

its just about the same as GMS. good enough for me

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
I am jealous of you guys in the Midwest. That region has the best prices so far for the GTO. Come visit the dealers in Arizona, California, and Nevada. We will give you a refresher course in the art of sticker shock. One dealer added striping and security etch marks to a Black A4 and he would take no less than 38,500K for it. I have heard some dealers with only one GTO charging as much as 10K above list price. If I had the time, I would seriously consider flying up there, buy my goat then drive it back home. I would stop at every dealer in Arizona of course so they can see my ugly butt as I moon every single one of them and give them my one finger salute...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
desertgoat said:
I am jealous of you guys in the Midwest. That region has the best prices so far for the GTO. Come visit the dealers in Arizona, California, and Nevada. We will give you a refresher course in the art of sticker shock. One dealer added striping and security etch marks to a Black A4 and he would take no less than 38,500K for it. I have heard some dealers with only one GTO charging as much as 10K above list price. If I had the time, I would seriously consider flying up there, buy my goat then drive it back home. I would stop at every dealer in Arizona of course so they can see my ugly butt as I moon every single one of them and give them my one finger salute...
im tellin ya. go for it. fly out with a friend and you two could marathon it back in one day. ONE DAY

·
Registered
349 Posts
I flew from North Carolina to Canton, OH to buy mine from Tom Capozzi (tommycap30) at Spitzer Pontiac. I got it for $500 under MSRP while my local dealer still had $8000 markups on the ones on the lot. I flew up with my 8 year old son. Tom picked us up at the airport, and we drove home in style the next day.

·
Urban Redneck
117 Posts
It is hard to believe there are still dealers trying to gouge. I got mine in Orange County - a big west coast metropilitan area - for MSRP. Of course, the dealer whined and bitched about it, but when was the last time any dealer ever got MSRP for a Pontiac?

These cars just aren't selling. The one I bought had been on the lot for 50 days.

If you have no problems importing a car into your state to register it, it would certainly be worthwhile to fly somewhere to pick up a better priced GTO (if you can afford the time). If nothing else, this sort of interstate pricing competition might bring down the prices where they are still high.

My dealings with car dealers are few and far between, and I try to make everything as smooth as possible. But my experience buying my GTO confirmed for me again why everyone in the country hates car dealers.

·
Now I gotta Goat!!!!
487 Posts
Tigger said:
I flew from North Carolina to Canton, OH to buy mine from Tom Capozzi (tommycap30) at Spitzer Pontiac. I got it for $500 under MSRP while my local dealer still had $8000 markups on the ones on the lot. I flew up with my 8 year old son. Tom picked us up at the airport, and we drove home in style the next day.
How much were the plane tickets?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Tigger said:
I flew from North Carolina to Canton, OH to buy mine from Tom Capozzi (tommycap30) at Spitzer Pontiac....................................Tom picked us up at the airport, and we drove home in style the next day.
I thought several consecutive hours at highway speed wasn't a good way to start breaking in a new engine?

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
T.Vick said:
Your area is where I was allowed to finally drive various GTOs, and see most of the color combos in person.

Thomas Pontiac even dealt on the price on the spot.

Once the specs are finalized for the 2005 model, I will be ready to deal.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
redneck said:
In sixth gear, highway speed = 1800 RPM.

How can that be bad?
I thought hour after hour after hour at any steady speed was not good for breaking in a new engine.

Excuse me redneck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thomas Pontiac is the dealership that is offering the price that I mentioned. That's also where I bought mine. When I bought mine, they said that they had 14 more that are supposed to be coming in. I think they were expecting 19 total, at least one of each color/tranny combo. I know they already sold two yellows, an M6 and A4, two black on black A4's and a silver M6. They seem to be able to move them, hopefully other dealers catch on.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Thomas treated me very well overall. I'm a young guy who looks even younger than I am and they offered to let me drive any GTO as long as I wanted. Needless to say, I sampled them all and gave them a good flogging around the area. The sales manager was willing to cut me a good deal on the spot, but they didn't have the color/tranny combo I wanted.

·
Registered
349 Posts
wishahadagoat said:
How much were the plane tickets?
If I had bought them early enough, I could have gotten them for about $95 apiece. I wanted to be sure the car would actually be there, so by the time I bought them, the prices had gone up a little bit. I can't remember for sure, but I paid either $119 or $129 each, and the hotel was in the $80 range. Even if you add the cost of the hotel and tickets, I was still under MSRP. Plus, as the credit card ad would say, "Great experience with your son -- priceless."

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is the supplier discount price.I got that here in michigan plus 2000.00 extra for my 1988 grand prix.Bought mine in early april.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
I'll wait for invoice and then the eventual rebates that will happen on these cars after June 1st.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i've heard the same thing. going fast isn't necessarily that bad when breaking in an engine, but maintaining the same rpm is. you're supposed to mix up the speeds/revs.
that's what i read anyway, i think the reason was that the valves seat slightly differently depending on rpm and you don't want them settle into a certain groove?? anyone know?

·
Registered
32 Posts
briandors said:
i've heard the same thing. going fast isn't necessarily that bad when breaking in an engine, but maintaining the same rpm is. you're supposed to mix up the speeds/revs.
that's what i read anyway, i think the reason was that the valves seat slightly differently depending on rpm and you don't want them settle into a certain groove?? anyone know?
Maybe you guys didn't see my post in the Lounge a few days ago that Rydell Automotive Group in Van Nuys, 20 miles north of Los Angeles, CA has several with $2500 off MSRP.

Joel

1 - 20 of 26 Posts