LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to let you all know my GTO sold today. I didn't get quite what I was hoping, but it was a fair price. I then turned it into a boring, economical, family car...a 2009 Prius with 40k miles. I'll loved my old baby goat, but I'm going to love my new baby boy even more!!!!

It's been one heck of a ride!
Pat

·
Finger on the triger...
3,882 Posts
Hi all, just wanted to let you all know my GTO sold today. I didn't get quite what I was hoping, but it was a fair price. I then turned it into a boring, economical, family car...a 2009 Prius with 40k miles. I'll loved my old baby goat, but I'm going to love my new baby boy even more!!!!

It's been one heck of a ride!
Pat

Pat, congratulations on the adoption.

I was hoping you three were going to be able to keep the goat. But who knows what the future holds. Don't be a stranger and keep us updated!!!

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I'll have a posting of spare parts for sale some time soon. Like, as soon as I can find the time to sort through it all and take some pictures.

·
PONTIAC GTO-EVOLVED
218 Posts
Sad to hear about your goat, but happy to hear about your new addition.
Congrats!

·
2005 GTO Midnight Blue M6
671 Posts
Pat:

I mentioned your call at the meeting last Sat night. Sorry to see you move on but you sure have a good reason. A couple of people asked if the buyer is local but if you traded it in there is no way to know.
So, does that Prius fit on the garage lift or will it drop right through? Anything under there worth looking at???

Stay in touch.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Milt. The Prius fits just fine...remember those arms extend. :) I told them they could give the buyer my phone number if they ask about the previous owner. I can tell them all the little nuances. I also went through the garage today. I have several parts I'll be listing for sale soon.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good find! And good luck to them to get that much for it. I had very few nibbles when I was asking that much. Let's see how long it stays that price before they start reducing it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I sold my '68 Goat just after my daughter (who will be 21 in March) and did the famly thing. The bug NEVER leaves and 2 years ago I was able to pick up an '05 MBM. It will take awhile, but you'll get another hot rod...just enjoy that kid while you can, There is NOTHING better!

·
Neighborhood lotto tech....
600 Posts
Congrats on the family car. My wife and I cashed in the last of my savings bonds and picked up a honda accord for that very reason. I told the wife I wanted to keep the goat as did she.

But no one here will bear a grudge for you buying a family car for your family.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Kids are always more important than a car, congrats on the new edition to your family.

·
Registered
595 Posts
We should get a score card going, how long can Pat go without a Hot Rod.

I venture to say not a day past 3 years.

Stay in touch with us

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We'll see about that Kevin. Who knows, maybe when he's older I'll get one to fix up with him. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,364 Posts
Congrats Pat. Fine looking boy you got there.

I am not suprised at all how much they are asking for your car. I always tell people how expensive everthing is in this state. Stuff just costs more here. It's ridiculous.

·
Finger on the triger...
3,882 Posts
We'll see about that Kevin. Who knows, maybe when he's older I'll get one to fix up with him. :)

This!!!
That is something I wish I was able to have with my old man.

Here's a little pic for you all. The grin is even bigger than when I bought the GTO!

Pat

Looking good Pat. Enjoy these times while you can and cherish the little moments. Before you know it, he will grow up and start "borrowing" your socks, shirts, and what ever else he deems fair game.

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
I'm sure they will get close to that,

keep in mind, these things were selling for $40K 6 years ago.
the dealer in Bremerton was one of the leaders in GTO sales for the nation, and they wouldn't budge off there $10,000 markup over MSRP

Pat,
I too am super sad to see your goat go,
but very excited for you and your family.

having my son 19 months ago has been a huge change in my life.
but I'm gonna do everything within my power to keep the GTO (he loves it)
but it is a super pain in the ass to get a car seat in and out of the back of that thing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts