LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone here is going/interested in going to the GoodGuys Summer Get-Together @ the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton. The show is on June 5/6.

Details here: http://www.good-guys.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventID=SUMMER04

I haven't been to one of these shows in years. I was considering registering to be part of the show, but am not too sure what to expect. There's a special "40th Anniversary of the Goat and Pony" section, so I figured my '04 Goat would fit in there, even though it's bone-stock (just broke 1k miles today).

I did dig up some pictures from last year's show, and it looks about like what I expected -- lines of cars with their hoods popped open.

Anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth registering? Curious...

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Count me in. Already sent in my money and registration for both of the goats. The new and the old will be there to represent. This next Goodguys show at Pleasanton is held by the Golden Gate Goats orginization that I am a part of. Last year there were a total of 76 goats at this show. This year there will be quiet a bit more. I will be taking the new one and I believe PhantomGTO will be there with his black new one. He has not told me for sure but there should be a few new goats there so come out and have a blast. Come meet some of the old enthusiast and take what they say about the new one with a grain of salt. Most like the new goats, but some will never accept it as a GTO.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Well, if I weren't going on travel for work for the next two weeks I'd drive up there because my parents and brother still live in the Bay Area, but alas, I cannot this time around.

·
black/black/m6 in SF bay area
30 Posts
Argh !! i will be back from a business trip saturday evening :-(

I will try to come by with the GTO on sunday if i can get in or at least stop see you guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Meet For Dinner

OK folks - anyone interested in meeting for dinner on Saturday? The show ends at 5pm, so I figure we can meet at 6pm (we could try for 5:30, but I'm not sure how traffic leaving the fairgounds will be - anyone else have experience in this area?).

A friend who works in the area recommends The Blue Agave (http://www.blueagaveclub.com/) as a place we can meet for a casual dinner.

How about emailing me (rileyh "at" pobox.com), and posting (so others also know) if you're interested. I'll make reservations if we have more than just a few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts