LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Goodyears put on; FYI they are the ones that Shaq Finger cut me a good deal on, see this thread . They seem pretty sticky. They pickup a lot of sand or whatever is on the road. I think they look a lot better than the BFG's. Pics don't do them justice, but I'll post anyway.

I also Zaino'd the rims, it looks awesome that way.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Glad you like them!!! They look awesome on the car!!! I cant wait till I burn up my BFGs and get a set myself. LOL I keep walking past them in the back room and keep saying I am going to put them on, but I have a few other things to pay for first :)

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Smokin pics! I use Zaino on everything except in the shower. I love that stuff.
You should try Zaino on the shower walls and door. Works miracles :thumbs:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Shag Finger said:
No wonder you can't afford to smoke up your BFG's :p

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Great tire. Should be a big improvement over the KDWS.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had those same tires on my Camaro for a year or two now and I love them! I couldn't ask for a better performance tire. Good traction, awesome looks, minimal road noise, and they don't wear overly fast. They look really mean with the 275 width too. What size do you have on there?

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JDHarris said:
I've had those same tires on my Camaro for a year or two now and I love them! I couldn't ask for a better performance tire. Good traction, awesome looks, minimal road noise, and they don't wear overly fast. They look really mean with the 275 width too. What size do you have on there?
I decided to just go safe with these and get the same size as factory, 245's. I'm going to get the 18" CV8 rims either this fall or next spring. Then I'll change tire size. From what I've seen of these F1's I'll definately be getting them for the new rims.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
AmesGTO said:
I got the Goodyears put on; FYI they are the ones that Shaq Finger cut me a good deal on................................ They seem pretty sticky. They pickup a lot of sand or whatever is on the road. I think they look a lot better than the BFG's. Pics don't do them justice, but I'll post anyway.
I also Zaino'd the rims, it looks awesome that way.
Those are my FAVORITE tires! They look awesome Ames! What size did you go with?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Never mind with the size Ames..........................I read your other post that states the size you got. :slap:

They STILL look awesome though!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
AmesGTO said:
They drive as good as they look!
How would you compare the ride and road noise to the BFG tires?

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say they are pretty much the same as the BFG's for road noise and ride. Both tires do pretty well for road noise and are still because of the short side walls.

These tires really shine on a hard launch, they bite hard. Also in hard cornering they really stay planted. I'll check my 0-60 with the G-timer this weekend. I'm pretty consistant so I'm hoping for some better numbers.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
AmesGTO said:
I would say they are pretty much the same as the BFG's for road noise and ride. Both tires do pretty well for road noise and are still because of the short side walls.

These tires really shine on a hard launch, they bite hard. Also in hard cornering they really stay planted. I'll check my 0-60 with the G-timer this weekend. I'm pretty consistant so I'm hoping for some better numbers.
They are supposed to be a lot better on wet roads also. However they are definitely NOT a winter tire, unless you live in a climate that has no snow at all!

They are just sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome looking!

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
READYtoROCK said:
They are supposed to be a lot better on wet roads also. However they are definitely NOT a winter tire, unless you live in a climate that has no snow at all!

They are just sooooooooooooooooooooo awesome looking!
Definately only a wet/dry tire. Goodyear gave them a 2 for winter driving on a 1-10 scale.

Iowa has winter and snow, but I don't plan to have the GTO out of the garage during the winter. Too much salt on the road.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Shag Finger said:
Just don't Zaino the floor :gr_jest:. That could be a problem!!! :eek2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts