LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my Cosmos Purple GTO (auto) Friday evening. I am 6' 4" and was comfortable driving 100 miles the first two days (just don't want to stop driving). Got grin on my face and will holdup on the peddle for a short while. Had nothing but compliments from friends (GTO drivers). Been a long time since I had a GTO,,, had GP's but not the same. I am ready for my mid-life crisis. Noticed this a very informative site. Beautiful interior, but how do you keep the lint away. Noticed what I thought was plastic, feels like some kind of fabric. Any ideas?

Got some pictures...give me your e:mail address and I will send some pictures.

Have fun...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm new to this site too. I'm anxious to see a Cosmos Purple in person. One of the dealers here is to get one this month. I've seen a couple of good comments on the interior color. At first thought, a purple interior sounds sorta scary, but the ones that have seen it think it looks good.
Congrats on the new goat.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
Congrats ! and welcome. You now have a Fine Car and you also have found what in my opinion is one of the best if not the best GTO forums. While I have been to other sites, this one is like home to me due to the information provided here and the camaraderie of the other members.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
[QUOTE Beautiful interior, but how do you keep the lint away. Noticed what I thought was plastic, feels like some kind of fabric. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Looks and feels like suede. I wouldn't want to try to clean it.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Someone else here identified the material and even found a link to manufacturer's cleaning instructions. Try a search on "suede"

·
Registered
881 Posts
Congrats Rich, you're gonna love it. Just came back from a 150 mile 'ring-seating'
trip in my silver goat today. Got alot of thumbs up and a picture phone snapshot.

Like myself, I think the more you drive it, the more you'll like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
paco04 said:
Congrats Rich, you're gonna love it. Just came back from a 150 mile 'ring-seating'
trip in my silver goat today. Got alot of thumbs up and a picture phone snapshot.

Like myself, I think the more you drive it, the more you'll like it.
Thanks, I agree...got 800 miles and they are all good. The purple is a real hit. The brochure does not do it justice. You have to see it in daytime. See attachment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an order in for a purple Cosmo with a TPW of 3/08/04 so I'm looking at a delivery of May or June. Don't know if I can wait that long. I did see an A4 here in Mpls, but want an M6. I love the subtle interior color and exterior color that changes with lighting. Anyone know of any that are in stock already that I might go for. I'm getting mine for MSRP, but if I buy one before 3/31 I have a $500 discount from an auto show here in Mpls.
I've been loving this forum-learning so much!!

·
3,327 Posts
Purple is a great color, but I just cant see myself driving one. Probably the only reason is because I went to the University of Kansas, and K-State's color is purple. Congrats though! Wish my buddy still lived in Dallas, I would like to go and meet up with some of the owners down there. The Hooters in Addison is a kick ass hooters!

·
large member
105 Posts
Hey Rich, Someday we will have to meet and compare notes. Im sure Jason from Sewell would be interested too (since he got his new car last week). We both have black/red/M6's. Crappy weather this weekend and Im out of town later in the week but maybe after that if you are interested. I like the purple too and want to see it in person.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, the Purple does look neat. The deep dark leather seats and suede are different.
A dealer stated that only 7% were ordered in Cosmo Purple.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GTOJim said:
Hey Rich, Someday we will have to meet and compare notes. Im sure Jason from Sewell would be interested too (since he got his new car last week). We both have black/red/M6's. Crappy weather this weekend and Im out of town later in the week but maybe after that if you are interested. I like the purple too and want to see it in person.
Sounds good. Here is my work number...214-922-6999

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
COSMO GUY said:
Yes, the Purple does look neat. The deep dark leather seats and suede are different.
A dealer stated that only 7% were ordered in Cosmo Purple.

Thanks for the info. I have yet to see a GTO in DFW, the odds of seeing a cosmos will be rare. OK with me. Is yours M6? I have an auto. Getting a lot stares and looks, positive feedback on the color and car. Got a friend thats got a 67 GTO (baby blue), at first he was skeptical....now he gives it a thumbs up (after driving it).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts