LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Germs,

I just picked-up my GTO today! It is everything that was advertised - and then some. As everybody said that has seen one in person - it looks better in the flesh - the photos just don't do it justice.

It is an incredible combo of muscle and grace - gobs of power, free reving as hell, and cat-like agility. This isn't your father's GTO - it's tight, it's not just a straight line bomb; more of a road warrior with balls than a stoplight to stoplight boulevard beefeater. I'd rank it up there with some BMW's that I've driven lately, only much more POWER!

I know it is a frustrating wait - I felt your pain - but y'all will be feeling mighty fine real soon - HANG IN THERE, it is worth the wait!

More to follow :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Congrads and enjoy. One quick question. How do you like the stereo?

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TprGTO said:
Congrads and enjoy. One quick question. How do you like the stereo?
To tell you the truth, I've been listening to the music that the engine makes - I'll probably get into listening to some CD's today.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Congrats kbaba. Did you get the auto or manual, and red or black interior? I'm really interested to get first driving impressions of an M6 as we haven't had any from an owner yet...

·
Registered
246 Posts
rschumacherfan1 said:
Congrats kbaba. Did you get the auto or manual, and red or black interior? I'm really interested to get first driving impressions of an M6 as we haven't had any from an owner yet...

Someone PLEASE get us an Audio Clip of that Stock Exhaust.
I know the one on the Pontiac site sounds good, but they have lied about everything else, so I don't trust that the exhaust really is LOUD!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Congratulations and remember to get out of the car and post once in a while!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Amen on the request for the 6-speed input. I haven't seen any assessments of the 6-speed and clutch. Has anybody taken delivery of a 6-speed yet?

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a Black/Black M6. The tranny sure is sweet, however, a bit "rubbery" shifting into reverse. But all in all, very precise. The clutch take up is great too, with the power this puppy has it just throws itself between gears!!!!

The stereo sounds good, I wish it had a graphic equalizer like the Monsoon but other than that it's clear and clean. It has preset rock, pop, jazz, classical, and voice settings in lieu of the graphic equalizer.

As for recording the exhaust - I don't have the stuff to that. You'll just have to take my word for it - NICE! I haven't been beyond 5000 RPM's, that's when it really starts screaming - I can't wait to get her broken-in.

There is one oddity that I've noticed. Maybe some of the others that have their GTO's can let me know if they've experienced the same thing: The car "shimmies" a bit at idle. It almost feels like when you're stopped on a bridge in heavy traffic. Not bad, but noticable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kbaba said:
There is one oddity that I've noticed. Maybe some of the others that have their GTO's can let me know if they've experienced the same thing: The car "shimmies" a bit at idle. It almost feels like when you're stopped on a bridge in heavy traffic. Not bad, but noticable.
Sounds like it's itchin' to get movin'! :)

·
DOG
626 Posts
nasa43 said:
Sounds like it's itchin' to get movin'! :)
My chevelle did the same thing when it was on the road (Its in a very extended rehab - really extended due to the GTO coming). Its basically engine vibration caused by the low rpm. At least it was on the Chevelle. It was very very light but enough that in the right cases it would set up a resonance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I guess that must have been your car I heard yesterday off in the distance. Congrats on finally getting what we're all waiting for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shimmy

My GTO occasionally does the shimmy at idle like you describe. The last time it did it I was at home and notice that the electric fan was on. Just wondering if notice anything like that or check to see if your cooling fan is on. Maybe the load of the fan might be causing the shimmy. Just a thought.
Since snow and salt are here in Michigan, I do not know the next time I will be driving my GTO.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Whereabouts in MI are you 6M GTO?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Congrats on the Goat kbaba :cool:

Sounds like everyone will be super happy when their cars arrive.

So It was well worth the wait you lucky SOB
Really happy for you bud :bubbrub

·
Registered
386 Posts
Alright Kbaba!!! Wish it were me but what the hell. Get some pics up!! The impression I got when I sat in the Iowa car the other day was the seat just fits perfectly, what do you think when you're driving it?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
That shimmy'ing could be in the clutch as it meshes with the flywheel upon re-engagement.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats Kbaba, good luck, have fun, and don't forget to "Turn it on, Wind it up, Blow it out, GTO!!! Guess, I'm showing my age. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts