LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....well, sort of. I'm heading south for the weekend on Friday through heavy, heavy traffic. I'm just minding my own business trying to work my way through traffic without driving like an ass, and what should pull up to my bumper but some beat up rice burner with 2 early 20's kids in it. Not even sure what it was since there were no emblems, but it had the body kit and dual Maxwell House grapefruit cannons out the rear :gr_jest: . I pay no attention until this asshole starts tailgating me like he wants to park in my trunk! As soon as the right lane clears for a moment, here it comes, the dreaded ricer fly-by. Only for me to catch and pass him safely when traffic clears at my normal cruising speed. He does this 3 times, cutting me off twice to avoid rear ending the family cruiser in the right lane. I was NOT about to play with this fool in the middle of holiday traffic. So the third time he goes by, he keeps his foot on it until they're way up ahead and I see them both waving their arms out the window like they'd won or something. [email protected]*king moron, I wasn't even racing them. He probably went and told all his ricer buddies how he killed a GTO. I don't really care. I was being the responsible one. Racing on the freeway is one thing, but racing on the freeway with thousands of families going on vacation for the weekend is quite another. He's just lucky he didn't get to experience at least half of what I had for him. It still makes me a little angry though because I couldn't do anything about it, safely anyway. :banghead:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
good job on restraining yourself man. i had a similar experience this weekend but also restrained myself from playing along

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Nice restraint...I had a Prelude doing that to me in heavy traffic on I40 here in NC one evening. He definitely almost took out a few cars just trying to beat me while I was on cruise control ;)

·
3,327 Posts
Was it this guy? Check out the 50HP wing on this baby:

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could have been!

Warren said:
You know, it very well could have been. Hard to tell because of all the non-distinguishing body kits, wings, and fart cans they use to be "unique". ;)

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
....well, sort of. I'm heading south for the weekend on Friday through heavy, heavy traffic. I'm just minding my own business trying to work my way through traffic without driving like an ass, and what should pull up to my bumper but some beat up rice burner with 2 early 20's kids in it. Not even sure what it was since there were no emblems, but it had the body kit and dual Maxwell House grapefruit cannons out the rear :gr_jest: . I pay no attention until this asshole starts tailgating me like he wants to park in my trunk! As soon as the right lane clears for a moment, here it comes, the dreaded ricer fly-by. Only for me to catch and pass him safely when traffic clears at my normal cruising speed. He does this 3 times, cutting me off twice to avoid rear ending the family cruiser in the right lane. I was NOT about to play with this fool in the middle of holiday traffic. So the third time he goes by, he keeps his foot on it until they're way up ahead and I see them both waving their arms out the window like they'd won or something. [email protected]*king moron, I wasn't even racing them. He probably went and told all his ricer buddies how he killed a GTO. I don't really care. I was being the responsible one. Racing on the freeway is one thing, but racing on the freeway with thousands of families going on vacation for the weekend is quite another. He's just lucky he didn't get to experience at least half of what I had for him. It still makes me a little angry though because I couldn't do anything about it, safely anyway. :banghead:

Good restraint. If you traffic was anything like I95 South this weekend it was basically a parking lot! Next time you can roast his a$$ :punch: and throw your arms out the window like you're Shumacher winning his 7th national title :gr_jest:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Stupid Rice

Good thing you didn't waste your precious expensive gas against that rice. There are plenty of worthy opponents for the goat. Our GTO's feel very insulted if they are pitted against something that looks like it was put together from parts purchased from a Pep Boys Half-Off Clearance Sale such as these examples (courtesy of the funniest anti-rice website I have found on the internet):

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
This thing is normal, happens all the time to me , you did the right thing, but the good news is you know his car "REMEMBER IT"! because you will make it burn some rice later lol the same thing with Z350 here , :barf:jap cars

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Warren said:
The rusty primer and faded tint is a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Great self control is what makes you a better smarter person.
Great job. :D
Besides if anyone would or could believe :bs: that the RICE A RONI machine ate you GTO than their just a f%@kin dumb as the person tellin the story in the first place :banghead:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
WS6, I feel your pain. Some of the most BLATANT challenges I have faced were from hot shot kids wanting to play "Fast and Furious" in heavy traffic. I absolutely refuse to play that game. During a road trip through the D.C. area, it happened no less than ten times. It even happened here at home, from a 350Z, no less.

Let us each strive to show the world that the GTO driver is mature, responsible, and totally willing to SMOKE YOUR A**, at the right time in the right place.

·
King of the 403 Olds
48 Posts
You did not get "killed" by an import....you saved yourself or someone else form being killed. That A-hole wants to put others lives in jeopardy, let him do it...you handled it nicely. A lot of these people who have licenses should not have gotten them in the first place...no matter if their car's have 50 or 500 horse. If you happen to see that retard on the highway again...tell him to meet you at the track. Amazing how quickly the "Fast and the Furious" cars end up with egg on their face...I love wiping my a$$ with those cars.

You did the right thing. Take care...

Bandit

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Killed by Ricer Burner - Not This Time

That wasn't a race! .. so it wasn't a Kill. No one got hurt, you displayed maturity and style. They wanted to play and thought they got over on you, NOT. Just because we are quick, doen't mean we have to be quick to draw on just anything that comes along ... It happens, some guy in a Continental did some similar thing to me .. I just ignored him .. would have been a waste of BBD's gas .... besides ... I 'as just mindin' my oowwnnn biznezz!

................ Mean Monaros - DRIVE ON ... BBD :cool: :cool:

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
MI_WS6 said:
We goat herders will find him one day and set the story straight for him. :bomb:

·
CJ
2 Posts
I had a bunch of Ricers in front of this club the other night with the rice wing type doors open - right. So my buddy wants to check out 800WAK (MY M6 RED MOTOWN MUSCLE MACHINE) Anyway I am pulling up to pick him up and they are all Ricin around this Hiroshima Squinter and I decide to test Traction Control off option. (Van Halen Little Dreamer playing). They understand now.

·
I...I...I got Nothin
961 Posts
They blatantly challenge you in traffic because if they change lanes fast enough to get two or three cars ahead, they can claim victory. I get this all the time around here. I'm in rush hour traffic and some wing-ed wonder starts bouncing and reving and swerving. I've got a half mile line of cars right in front of me and this goober wants to race.

You know what's funny though? Whenever the traffic clears and you have a nice long stretch... hey, where'd the ricer go???

I've said it before... it's not about a fast car with these guys...it's about the fantasy. These ricers can afford a fast car if they wanted it (4th gen f-bodies go for around 6 - 9 grand for a mid mile decent condition car)...they just don't have the balls, so they create a fantasy with a slow safe car, that looks fast.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I get that all the time here in LA except we have them trained. Now they just pull up next to you and let go with a big 'ole fart. :gr_jest:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts