delivery is 45 days after production date

so the 05 will be hitten lots on november 2004

Whooo

NBA red on red autocross

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
goatwrx said:
gto driver7 are you saying that they will not get the car to him by the time he specified?
im not saying that he definetly will not. but im skeptical

im just saying thats what they told everyone with the 04s. we all know how well that went.

i hope for the sake of zbarons sanity (and pontiacs reputation) that the 05s do come on time

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
dont hold your breath

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Deja vu.

When I first joined LS1GTO forum, I scrolled through the very first pages of threads during the website's infancy. I read a lot of folks who posted stuff about their TPW's and the pre-ordering status.

That was almost like a lifetime ago. And now here we go again. This is going to be quite entertaining to watch all over again. Like a re-run of the movie Starship Troopers or something.........

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
I bet they are on time all the shipping and whatever else has been worked out , the over under is two weeks past date, also the over / under in the financial hit the zbaron will take is 8,000$, based upon a purchase price of msrp 33,190 - 7000 = a selling or trade in price of $25,190. I doubt traded in they are giving you that much. Pucker up butter cup get ready for the bukkake.

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
I just read the other post ??????? Bro . I just don't know....still don't know. I give up.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My target production week was 9/24/03, target delivery was around Thanksgiving, actual delivery 2nd week of Feb, 04. Good luck!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
zbaron said:
got my 05 production date the day it will be built

9/20/04
delivery is 45 days after production date

so the 05 will be hitten lots on november 2004

Whooo

NBA red on red autocross
Talked to the marketing guy who had the '05 mule out last night and he said production starts first week of sept. So I said cars should hit the streets around christmas - he said yes, but they may delay it a bit longer to help sell a few more '04's. I don't think you'll see any '05's before at least mid december - if at all in '04 - but good luck!
Dan

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
It would be nice if they did get the delivery system straightened out. But I don't have a lot of faith in that happening.

Keep in mind some of this is outside of Pontiacs control - there was an article in either the NY Times or Wall Street Journal not to long ago that said the Rail system is horrible shape. Apparantly the rail roads didn't rehire aggressively as workers left for retirement and now they are really short staffed. It talked about rails cars just sitting on sidings for weeks. While the rail issue shouldn't really affect you in the bay area - who knows the log jams may keep the car in the yard for an unusual amount of time. As the early 04 guys will tell you - our cars sat out there for weeks before they moved.

Either way - even if the car is a tad late - you got a great car coming - so enjoy it when it gets here. Make sure you post pictures once it arrives.

P.S. - is Wanda still working at Pontiac Support? After all the grief she went through with the 04 guys - I figured she would retire or start drinking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
zbaron said:
hope they lerned from the 04

Are you crazy!! Hope they learned??? I hope you learned something from the bath you took on the 04.. You honestly think you are going to be in a better financial postion with the 2005??

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
It is called Voodoo economics.

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
rferr said:
I had to search the internet to find out what bukkake is and all I can say is that I wish I hadn't. Nice.
Whats funny about that is i had a guy at work who kept saying Bukkake to everyone. He would say he or she likes the bukkake and such i guess because he heard it on Howard Stern. I'm like "You really don't know what that is do you?". His facial expression changed from being funny to slightly embarrassed and he said "It's not something good is it?". I'm like just don't say it to anyone anymore.
For those who don't know what it is, lets just say the Japanese have a very disgusting view of what perversion is (look it up at your own risk), unless thats your cup of tea.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts