LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got my car back from the bodyshop. The paint matches perfectly and the clearcoat is perfect, but .... when I get really close I can see when the original paint surface got sanded to match with the new paint. I can see the little scratch marks inside the clearcoat, but I'm being really picky ...

I'm kinda satisfied,
Gianni

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
If you're not happy with the work, I would take it back. You're paying them to do a job and if they don't do it right, that's a problem. The place that redid the front right panel on my GTO told me to question them on anything and everything if I wasn't satisfied, and that's what I recommend you do in this case. They'll get it sorted out.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
It has been my experience that the managers at repair facilities do not inspect completed work to the same standard that I, the owner, does.
Matt is correct to say go back, show them the defect, and ask them what they can do about it.

Worst case: They say "Nothing" then you know they're not a quality shop.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just washed the car and I found more defects in the front bumper. I will be taking back on Monday. I think they didn't take off the Pontiac sign 'cause the emblem is kinda scratched up. This is the third time I deal with GM Goodwrench bodyshop and I always had to take the vehicle back.

They also washed the GTO and stained a rim pretty bad. I polished up the rim, but I can still see the stains. If they don't agree on replacing the rim, what's a good polisher?

I also realized that I posted this on the wrong section ... lol

Gianni

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gianni,

I hope you get things worked out with your GTO...I would be really upset :bomb:

What dealership did you take it to, may I ask? I live in somewhat near you, and I wouldn't mind knowing what dealership you are talking about.

Good luck...and I would definitely raise hell :mad: about the rim...they damaged it, they should repair/replace it....not to mention repairing your bumper properly...

Cindie

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cindie said:
Gianni,
What dealership did you take it to, may I ask?
Cindie
I took it to Axelrod Pontiac because I have been really happy with the customer service there. The paint defects are minimal; I'm really picky 'cause I used to work a bodyshop when I was a teenager. I have to give them props for the clearcoat job 'cause it's really good.

I polished the rims pretty good (they needed it anyways) and the stains are almost gone now. I'm sure that they will dissapear after another polishing session.

I have dealt with Don's Brooklyn Chevrolet bodyshop in the past and they really screwed up the paint on my old Grand Prix. First, they painted the wrong color of silver and then they didn't clearcoat the inside of the sunroof.

I have learn one thing with silver cars ... make sure you take a good look at the paint under the sun 'cause silver doesn't show the defects under the shade.

Gianni

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the car back to the shop today. I showed them all the scratched areas and I also noticed that the paint shade is off when it's cloudy (just noticed that today). It's not bad, but I can notice it. They are going to polish the rim more and if that doesn't work, they will order a new rim for me ...

let's hope for the best,
G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts