LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my GTO dyno'd saturday evening late at MTI. It dyno'd 289.6 rwhp. I really wasn't that dissappointed since it didn't have time to cool, meaning 3 mins after I got there it was on the dyno. Add in there being in Houston traffic with the A/C blowing doesn't help as well as me staying in League City, which is roughtly 45 mins to an hour from MTI. The second pull yielded 280.6 rwhp and the software wasn't acting right so I couldn't get the torque numbers. They are going to redyno it next weekend so I'll get there early and let it cool off properly. I have an M6 and going off everyone's dyno sheet here, it should dyno between 297 rwhp and 305 rwhp. I think the power loss was from it not cooling off, what does everyone think?

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
That's on par with the majority of us.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's that, the numbers I got on my GTO? By the way, does it matter if your TC is on or off when they dyno it? I thought everyone was getting around 297 as a starting point? If my calculations are right, 289.6 equals to 340 hp.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Well, there has been an ever improving window for stock LS1's since 97/98. However, back then we did roughly 283 - 290 rwhp. By later '02, the final F-Bodies were ripping off 315 - 320 rwhp stock. Some even pulled into the 320's!

However, they weren't burdened with an IRS rear suspension that robs power more than a standard GM 10 bolt. I think you're on the lower side, but still within reason, especially since yours is an automatic (right?). The other issue that comes to mind is the stock PCM tuning issues we've seen. If you look at this, then have someone correct them, you'll probably see a few more.

Dyno with T/C off.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Sorry, in my old age, I'm getting forgetful. I think it's that I talk to so many people, I get them confused.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, it's ok. I thought it was and is alittle low as well, but I'll know for sure next weekend. MTI also said they have another cam strictly for the GTO called the G1

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
They're broken in in 500 - 1,000 miles. They just don't fully loosen up until 5 - 6k.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dyno results depend on lots of factors including the dynamometer used. My stock number, on an Mustang dyno, was 262.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Mine dynoed at 305/326 stock with 900 miles on it. I'll be going back at some point to get it redone now that I have 12K miles on it.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I was at 280 stock. Car was hot.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
There's got to be something going on with the different dynos. We have derf's M6 dynoing at 305hp and sxty8goats m6 dynoing at 280. That's 25 freaking hp. No way
those cars are that far apart stock. It sounds like to me we need to post our dyno
numbers along with the type of dyno used.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about your base numbers. Every dyno is different. A car that makes 300 rwhp on one dyno might only make 285 on another. IMHO, It's the gains that you show after mods that counts(on the same dyno)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine was dyno'd on a Dynojet at MTI. I'm having it redyno'd this coming weekend with them since I couldn't get my rwtq numbers. Software was acting up and they will have the problem corrected then.

·
jetblast
1,321 Posts
temperature and humidity can affect dyno numbers , so stick with the same people and right down temps and humidity for that day, barromtric pressure also plays a part but not as critical unless you go to houston and then denver.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
No two "identical" (model # wise) dynos will give you the same results. There are too many variables - altitude, air temperature, humidity, engine temperature, oil type, tires, etc. etc. We have an accepted range, you in the range, it's good. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts