LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
grinning ever since...
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going into work late today, I was minding my own business when a nice Ferrari (either Modena or Maranello-don't know the breeds well enough to tell the difference) comes cruising up to me along the highway.

The driver 'goats' me on a bit, and from about 45mph, we launched into acceleration mode. I kept right up until some 3 digit speed (I refuse to state out of respect for law enforcement types) and then the Ferrari just started pulling away... the conditions were not autobahn, so I quickly shut down. We slowed, and as I pulled up along side, he gave me the thumbs up. Oh, the driver had a familar face, I believe to be a professional football player on a local team. :secret:

Even if I had the autobahn and space, it was clear the goat was outclassed for the next segment of the run, but it was awfully close...so, not a bad spanking in IMHO.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Sweet - that was about $165K you were running against - if it was a Modena.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Very cool. Even cooler that he saluted the beast!!
:drink::drink:

·
3,327 Posts
Hmmm.. Imagine 132K in mods on a GTO..... That would have been a fun spanking, for sure.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
bioinformaticus said:
Going into work late today, I was minding my own business when a nice Ferrari (either Modena or Maranello-don't know the breeds well enough to tell the difference) comes cruising up to me along the highway.

The driver 'goats' me on a bit, and from about 45mph, we launched into acceleration mode. I kept right up until some 3 digit speed (I refuse to state out of respect for law enforcement types) and then the Ferrari just started pulling away... the conditions were not autobahn, so I quickly shut down. We slowed, and as I pulled up along side, he gave me the thumbs up. Oh, the driver had a familar face, I believe to be a professional football player on a local team. :secret:

Even if I had the autobahn and space, it was clear the goat was outclassed for the next segment of the run, but it was awfully close...so, not a bad spanking in IMHO.
If it had a window on the back through which you could see the engine, it was a 360 Modena. V8, 400HP. If it was a typical coupe, it could have been a 456, 550, or 575. All V12s. What'd it sound like? I've never seen any of the last three in person, but I have seen several Modenas (including a sky blue Spyder - wow) and an F40 (very wow) in person.

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
watch for the trolls they are going to be calling bs..........Congrats though for hanging

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
The cool part about that is the thumbs up from him :thumbs:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Their strength is wide open top speed and they're geared to take advantage of it! No way you were gonna catch that! Now in a stoplight drag race, things even out some. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Their strength is wide open top speed and they're geared to take advantage of it! No way you were gonna catch that! Now in a stoplight drag race, things even out some. :D

CMNT is pecking at 3000 posts. WOWEEE

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, I guess I am.

·
21,898 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Yea, I guess I am.
about to enter the professional post***** club :hail: :gr_jest:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
My posts are generally high quality posts.

No fluff here! :D

·
21,898 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:

well there are at least 500 ttt's in the WTB thread :wall:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
But that's a "business" thread. You provide me a trunk lid, I will purchase it. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:

very true. and it would seem that you have been "more active" recently. everytime i go away and come back to hit new posts, i see a string threads with you as the last post :p :gr_jest:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I have a lot to offer.

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
very true. and it would seem that you have been "more active" recently. everytime i go away and come back to hit new posts, i see a string threads with you as the last post :p :gr_jest:
well he has to stay ahead of you.......

·
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
he has widened the gap recently. i have been less active due to school :rolleyes:
yeah I have noticed........maybe I can actually catch up one day :sneaky:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
See, school is GOOD for you! You should be concentrating your efforts there instead of here!

I'm well past that point, so I can waste time away. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts