LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered and paid for, now just waiting for Baer. Got them through tbyrne for a great price but Baer has been giving some delays. Now they say the brackets aren't ready... Oh well, better safe than fast I think.

14" 2 piece rotors with aluminum hats (Should not gain any unsprung weight I hope.) Comes with braided lines. Going to use that really expensive Castrol SRF fluid ($80 a liter) just because I got lucky and somebody gave me a bottle.

This is a big jump in size over the stock ~11" rotors for the 2004.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I would love to hear your impressions when you get done. Also curious if the braided lines help with the squishy feel.

:drink::drink:

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tails said:
I would love to hear your impressions when you get done. Also curious if the braided lines help with the squishy feel.

You bet, I will post full photos of complete install as well. You're close to me actually, more than welcome to drive it when I'm done if you want.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I'm thinking of getting those after SEMA as well, maybe with a 13" rear kit, woot! :) Let us know how you like them, pics too of course ;)

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
Will Installing The Large Rotors Affect What Size Aftermarket Wheels You'll Be Able To Upgrade To Later? Seems Like Theres Not A Whole Lot Of Room In The Fender Wells Already From What I've Been Reading.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
14" is the biggest you can fit under an 18" wheel. To go any larger you would need a 19" wheel but to be honest I don't know of any 15" rotors. 14" is absolutely huge. For a stock 17" wheel you can use a 13" rotor.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
1COOLPC said:
You bet, I will post full photos of complete install as well. You're close to me actually, more than welcome to drive it when I'm done if you want.
I'll take you up on that offer!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How big are the 05 brakes? And if the 04 stock stops from 60-0 in 135 ft, what does the 05 stop in, and what do you think your 04 with these new 14s will stop in? :)

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goat33 said:
How big are the 05 brakes? And if the 04 stock stops from 60-0 in 135 ft, what does the 05 stop in, and what do you think your 04 with these new 14s will stop in? :)
I really can't answer those questions. Never seen any braking tests on an '05 yet. I believe the '05 front brakes will be 12.5"

The GTO 60-0 distance was always pretty good. The biggest benefit of larger brakes is repeated stops with less fade and better modulation. These brakes with the Castrol SRF fluid should not be very easy to overheat. Probably shave a few feet off the stock distances but mostly I just expect better control and less fade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts