LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im out on woodward enjoying all the raceing with friends having a goodnight like usual, and theres my bud with his 02 Silver Trans am pulls up with his bud with the new Mach1 mustang, they get out, we all stand around bullshit'n for a good 45 minutes or so, everyone decides time to make a lap, ok we pull out go down the road and into a dark area me in the left lane, new mach 1 in middle and trans am in far right, Light turns green and me and the trans am left the Stang at the light like he was a ford probe or something, we make the next turn around and hit a light same setup im like lets go from a roll now , we pulled up to about 30 me and the T/A go, i beat him needless to say the motorcycle cop right behind us didnt seem to think it was a good thing to do! :banghead: I got the full ticket Drag Racing and i have to go to court in 2 weeks :bomb: i might have to put the goat down if i get the 4 points and million dollars in fines :cry: :banghead:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
Dude, that sucks big time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

That totally BLOWS!

Get a lawyer. Maybe you can plea bargain.

Sorry to hear that loco.
 

·
Yes, it has a car seat
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Wow - big time sucks - sorry to hear about that.
Hope it works out alright - keep us posted. I'm thinking RtR's suggestion about the lawyer is probably a good idea.
Dan
 

·
Resident 10-second Priest
Joined
·
8,959 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
I'm thinking RtR's suggestion about the lawyer is probably a good idea.
Umm, it's the only idea. Go without a lawyer and you'll likely leave without your license and without your Goat.

When I was a kid with my first Goat (a '70 Judge), cop pulled me over after I went sideways out of a parking lot (nice little burnout). Tried to charge me with disorderly conduct. Went to court in a suit and tie with a lawyer-friend of my father's and the judge showed me pictures of accidents and gave me a small fine for some minor traffic charge, not disorderly.

Get a lawyer. It's your only option.

Padre
 

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im gonna be calling in the morning, ill let you all know how things go, im tryin to find a way out of this, im gonna talk to 2 lawyers tomorow and see what they say, thanks for the advice guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Legal advice is always a good idea. In this situation you have nothing to argue on really, it's not like speeding.

Good luck to you. Let us know the story as it goes. I'm sure one of us will get nailed some day, hopefully not, but crap happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
Sorry man that sucks, it Texas if you get caught drag racing it is a misdemeanor. And that means you lose your license, and in my case my gun license. The one time I got stopped, i started crying(high school times) and the officer asked what was wrong, and I told him that the guy I was racing was trying to hurt me, he was chasing me and weaving in and out of traffic, and almost ran me off the road. It worked, he told me next time not to go fast and just drive to a police station, funny thing is the guy i was racing was my brother. haha :gr_jest:
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
J- I'm sorry to hear that.

Get a laywer. There has to be specialist in that area that knows the system and how it reacts to the drag scene. It seemed to me that the drag seen was pretty healthy when I was out there. It will be far cheeper in the long run to hire a lawyer than pay the fines and insurance costs.
 

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah its a misdemeanor here also, i could have been arrested on the spot but i stopped for the cop so he didnt arrest me, they also can impound the car, but he also didnt do that, which im thankful for, but still gonna get screwed somehow this is the first time ill be going to court hopefully it works out and will be my last.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
2loco said:
yeah its a misdemeanor here also, i could have been arrested on the spot but i stopped for the cop so he didnt arrest me, they also can impound the car, but he also didnt do that, which im thankful for, but still gonna get screwed somehow this is the first time ill be going to court hopefully it works out and will be my last.
Hey man good luck.....maybe the judge will be a GOAT owner of some year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
Based on my experience of getting two very large tickets within two weeks of each other (Last year, 4/20/04 85 in a 70 full ticket, 5/1/04 92 in a 70 full ticket) I could have lost my license but I fought both tickets. I called both cops and explained my situation that I was a young college student that cannot afford the insurance points or ticket points on my license, so I pleaded that they possibly let me just pay the fines and have the points waived. Well, neither cop showed at either court date. I was one lucky S.O.B.

Bad thing about this situation is, its Woodward, and they may try and use you as an example by throwing the book at you. That won't be good for your situation, but best of luck man, for sure. Hell, if you sell the Goat, i'll buy heh, ok that wasn't funny. Sorry.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,773 Posts
:banghead:

Man that really blows.
Sorry to hear you got bagged.
Sounds like point reduction school maybe in your future.

I guess I don't feel so bad about my last ticket.
Unreasonable an inpurdent speeds $114.50 & 3 points.
I just paid it.
Insurance man said don't sweat it. First ticket in 7 years
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
we need an update on the outcome of this
 

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well today was The court date all went well, Seen the judge asked to Plea with the prosecuting attorney, talked with the lady for 25 minutes she was really nice and understanding, i got it reduced to 2 points and Improper lane useage! whatever that means if someone knows id like to know, so i have to pay 125$ and have 2 points, which is better than the 500$ and 6 points with a suspended license for 60 days and possible jailtime, the judge accepted the reduction all was well and the check is in the mail, but you should have seen the look on the judges face when she called up for the city of birmingham against me charge of Drag Raceing her eye balls wide open with this evil look on her face i thought i was done for! thank god for the City attorney, Oh yeah I represented myself on this one, I talked to 2 different lawyers and they were on crack i figured if they can do it so can I.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,773 Posts
:angel: Was watchin over you man.
Glad it came out as well as it did for ya.
You were very nervous and had ever right to be.

Be sure to watch your back,front ,up, down and all around before
you pull that s#!t again :sneaky:
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
2loco said:
Well today was The court date all went well, Seen the judge asked to Plea with the prosecuting attorney, talked with the lady for 25 minutes she was really nice and understanding, i got it reduced to 2 points and Improper lane useage! whatever that means if someone knows id like to know, so i have to pay 125$ and have 2 points, which is better than the 500$ and 6 points with a suspended license for 60 days and possible jailtime, the judge accepted the reduction all was well and the check is in the mail, but you should have seen the look on the judges face when she called up for the city of birmingham against me charge of Drag Raceing her eye balls wide open with this evil look on her face i thought i was done for! thank god for the City attorney, Oh yeah I represented myself on this one, I talked to 2 different lawyers and they were on crack i figured if they can do it so can I.
cool.....sounds like you caught a big break......"but your honor I was just feeding this poor starving goat" :gr_jest:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top