LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GoatRun HCIC - Retired
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, sorry for the delay but here it goes.

After traveling to Vegas last weekend with three other GR veterans it was decided that none of us has the time for all the detail work this year. Therefore we are going to try something new in our 6th year.

We are going to Vegas!!!

That's it though. We are going to set up the hotel and Bellagio Brunch along with the CA caravan but nothing else. No sponsors, no events, and unfortunately no t-shirts. If the four of us can have an awesome time without taking a single Goat, we figure we can all have a blast driving together and tearing up the town.

The sunny side to this is it will be an inexpensive gathering. Also since there is no real agenda everyone is free to pretty much do what they want. Want to go racing? Set something up and make a thread and see who else wants to go. Want to party? Same thing.

Greg is going to set up the hotel contract so we should have dates soon. I expect it to be right around the first weekend of October but that is a guess for now.

This has been an awesome event and I am humbled to have been a part of some of it. To all the sponsors, thank you for helping to make this a consistent hit and one of the biggest events of the year. We obviously couldn't have done it without you.

It may be the end of an era, but it can also be the start of something new. I hope to see you all there.

Cheers,

Dave

·
AARP Qualified
7,190 Posts
Sort of a "Pot Luck" Goat Run, hmmm, you're right, seems like an end of an era.

Oh well, we'll just have to make the best of it and make it the BEST one yet!

Famous quote about when things don't quite work out as expected...

"Most things don't. But sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff."

·
Registered
157 Posts
hmmmmm :/

·
Civilian Type
2,600 Posts
Well, if this is the last one. I'll have to try my hardest to make it. I haven't been to one yet and this seems like the time to go.

·
GoatRun HCIC - Retired
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sort of a "Pot Luck" Goat Run, hmmm, you're right, seems like an end of an era.

Oh well, we'll just have to make the best of it and make it the BEST one yet!

Famous quote about when things don't quite work out as expected...

"Most things don't. But sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff."
That was sort of the feeling we had. I am in the same situation Greg was in last year in that we are having a boy in July :)woot:), so I wasn't going to be able to sleep this summer let alone work and get all the details together. It also didn't help that we couldn't pull the track night off again either.

Having said that, we had a blast last weekend and that's really what it is all about. So we said smurf it, let's just go to Vegas and have fun with good people and awesome cars.

Well, if this is the last one. I'll have to try my hardest to make it. I haven't been to one yet and this seems like the time to go.
I doubt it will be the last one. Me, LS2Greg, LoudGoat and CalNurs at the least will be going every year until one of us dies. Then the rest will go and get even drunker. I think there are quite a few GR vets from CA that will still go just to hang out and we can probably say the same for the AZ crew.

With any luck we will still get 50+ cars to meet on the Palace Station rooftop Friday night and shoot the shit. Maybe JonnyDago will volunteer to lead another bad ass cruise or perhaps someone else will. These things are all still possible.

·
Civilian Type
2,600 Posts
I doubt it will be the last one. Me, LS2Greg, LoudGoat and CalNurs at the least will be going every year until one of us dies. Then the rest will go and get even drunker. I think there are quite a few GR vets from CA that will still go just to hang out and we can probably say the same for the AZ crew.

With any luck we will still get 50+ cars to meet on the Palace Station rooftop Friday night and shoot the shit. Maybe JonnyDago will volunteer to lead another bad ass cruise or perhaps someone else will. These things are all still possible.
well that's good, I guess I'll try to go until I end up leaving Cali, hopefully that'll be AFTER this year's meet.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
I'm still in. Doesn't matter what happens.

We can still do BBQ's, Car Shows and cruises... those are all easy to organize. We just wont have the sponsorship's we had before. Which is fine by me. I don't need free stuff. :)

·
Mr.CGM / Team G.P Performace
4,807 Posts
I'm still in just to cruise up there and shoot the shit over the weekend :)

·
Fly Eagles Fly
808 Posts
This sounds like a great idea. All we need is a date. Keep in mind, we can race at the track 9/7, 9/21, or 10/19.

·
GoatRun...what's that????
3,989 Posts
Well said Dave. Nice to see the true OG's showing support too. It's been a nice, long run and it's definitely not over. Just changing and morphing as time goes by.

I'll be coordinating with Palace Station this week for a room rate and should have the details for you all shortly.

I want to make one thing clear, this is open to all, both new and old peeps, so don't be discouraged. Updates to follow...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im in! Its a blast regardless. And we can always organize a cruise once we are there or other things. I dont need a shirt for a reminder but I did have all the stickers for the last 2 on my back window, it would be cool to add to those. haha.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
If the date is far enough in advance I might drive the Z06 out there.... or if I still have the GTO re-register it, lol.

I've missed one...hopefully I don't miss another.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Depending on the weekend I'd most likely go, prob won't drive my car out there but hell any chance I get to Greg's pretty face I'm down.

·
Registered
796 Posts
:goghey:

:effpalmer:

:slap:

Miss you too brother. :D
I left it open to interpretation, I know how you like to fill in the blanks.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts