LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some inlays for the engine, and badges. I received them, and the color is off. Looks more spice red to me. I tried to return them, but they won't let me. Is this the way it's suppose to be? I bet liquidome inserts for my rear insert off ebay, and it matched perfect.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
00blackss said:
I bought some inlays for the engine, and badges. I received them, and the color is off. Looks more spice red to me. I tried to return them, but they won't let me. Is this the way it's suppose to be? I bet liquidome inserts for my rear insert off ebay, and it matched perfect.
Dif companies use dif shades to do them in it can be hard to compare 2 companies together

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
different companies use different vinyl

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
It's different product, and they can only carry so many colors and combinations. It would be impossible to make every color of every car that they sell for and still make money. Some colors are just closer than others and that just might be as close as they get to Torrid red.

Bye the bye...Which color did you pick to try to match Torrid?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
regular dark red... basically i was asking if any other torrid red owners bought these. It just looks a lot like spice, and I heard good things so I ordered them. Now I wish I didn't spend the money.

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
I bought a red and it looks great. Wasnt dark red though.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The site is a little confusing about which colors and reflectivity produce which effects, and they could use more actual product photos of the pieces in various finishes rather than the exhaustive color table. I just bought a set, haven't gotten them yet but we'll see. Feedback has been overwhelmingly good about Grafxwerks.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
It might have been better to go with the lighter red for Torrid. In the end at least they don't cost that much. I actually bought three different colors for mine and only planned on using one. I got Metallic Dark Red, Metallic Black and Metallic Electric Blue. The blue is supposed to match Impulse but there seems to be a few shades of difference, but it's close enough to still look nice. Although I used black for the emblem because I'm kind of doing a Blue/Silver/Black theme. I ended up using the blue one for something else. And still haven't used the red one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts