LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gravana is proud to announce the addition of AP Racing Brake Products to our line-up. Gravana will offer a full spectrum of products from Pad and Rotor Upgrades, to the Eradix Kits and 6-Piston Caliper Big Brake Systems.

AP Racing is one of the worlds most trusted and relied upon Brake & Friction Technology companies. Many top race teams around the world use AP Racing, including Formula 1 teams such as McLaren, Williams and Jordan, as well as teams in IRL and World Rally. The 2002 NASCAR Championship was won by Tony Stewart using AP Racing brakes, while Matt Kenseth won the 2003 Championship using the same. In fact, since 2002 over 40% of NASCAR Teams have switched to AP Racing including Jeff Gordon, Bill Elliott, Joe Gibbs Racing and others. With race car weights closer to street car curb weights than most other motorsports, NASCAR is harder on brakes than any other racing series in the world. The fact that many teams are changing to AP Racing proves the quality and reliability.

If there is any interest in a Group Purchase on AP Racing products, please email us.

Check out our selection today at:

GRAVANA AP RACING BRAKES

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, AP Racing is probably among the highest end of brake products. I have already answered several email inquiries regarding a Group Purchase for both GTO and non-GTO systems. If enough interest is shown, I will post a GP.

In our effort to provide a Good-Better-Best offering, we started with what we feel will fit into our "Best" category. I had hoped that AP would produce a 4-piston front upgrade for the GTO, but nothing yet...

Jim

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Holy [email protected]#t. When I read GTOdrivers7 post that they were a lot of money I was thinking $2k, but they are way more than that. Wow.

I'd be interested if the group purchase gets them down to $1k.
yeah, see i wasn't making it up :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
By the way, I do pass forum comments like these along to the manufacturers. I will pass your comments along to AP to provoke them to look at different levels of systems. Hopefully, enough interest will generate results.

Jim

·
2,432 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
By the way, I do pass forum comments liek these along to the manufacturers. I will pass your comments along to AP to provoke them to look at different levels of systems. Hopefully, enough interest will generate results.

Jim
Definately do. I like the look of the AP brakes and I do think the GTO could use upgraded brakes. But, it would have to be reasonably priced. Anything approaching $3k-$4k and I'd end up with a supercharger, not brakes.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AmesGTO said:
Definately do. I like the look of the AP brakes and I do think the GTO could use upgraded brakes. But, it would have to be reasonably priced. Anything approaching $3k-$4k and I'd end up with a supercharger, not brakes.
I don't blame you.

We sold our first set of AP brakes today to a 2004 Suburban 2500 owner who installed a Supercharger (Whipple, I believe) to go faster, and can't slow down fast enough now. I guess it is all relevant...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like a nice kit! I wish I'd have known about it a month ago, I ended up ordering the Harrop kits.

BTW, for those that think these are too expensive, check the pricing for similar setups for the Corvette. Most are $1000 higher. Pricing seems on target to me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way, we just added Power Slot Rotors and Hawk Pads. Hawk only has a front upgrade at this point. I expect to see a rear pad upgrade by the end of this year.
You can see in the New Products forum.

Jim

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
mlc said:
I need to play the lotto!
I feel your pain!

Please keep in mind, we will be adding Brembo and Wilwood once their systems are out. The prices should be a little softer than these high-end systems.

I will post an announcement once we add the brands.

Jim

UPDATE: Baer released two front kits. We are taking orders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts