LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your Website says to coment on the GTO ALTEZZA STYLE TAIL LAMPS. so i figured what better way then to start one here.... i love them and would buy them in a second if they came with wire harness that works with the US GTO. i have wanted lights like that for a while now, but so far everyone i heard of has had to comstomize the wire harness to put it into the GTO.

what does everone else think that is thinking about them, or even the people who have them already.

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applic..._5.7.aspx/0/879/_GTO_Altezza_Style_Tail_Lamps

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've been thinking of something like that where the tail lights are mostly black. It's not on the top of my list but I would consider it.
(the price isn't bad either :gr_jest: )

·
Registered
115 Posts
If they are black I will buy them. Assuming the price is fair.

·
Mexican by marriage!
408 Posts
LS14FUN said:
If they are black I will buy them. Assuming the price is fair.
They're currently listed at $0.00. Not sure how much fairer it can get! LOL!

Personally, I'd like to see them on a GTO to help me visualize it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you guys do a search for tail lights you may be able to see pics... i know there are several people here who have them on their cars

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
yourguy - the ones that people have on their car are not the same as the ones that Gravana shows on their website.

The ones people have on their cars are usually called 427 Retro Taillights. They were going to be on an HSV version of the Monaro with a huge engine, but the vehicle was canceled. Of course the aftermarket liked the look (and why wouldn't they).

The big difference is, on the 427 lights, the cover seems to be black, and there are chrome rings around each of the light positions. The Gravana setup, on the other hand, mirrors the headlights with a clear cover and black background (which I like a LOT).

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
phobos512 said:
yourguy - the ones that people have on their car are not the same as the ones that Gravana shows on their website.

The ones people have on their cars are usually called 427 Retro Taillights. They were going to be on an HSV version of the Monaro with a huge engine, but the vehicle was canceled. Of course the aftermarket liked the look (and why wouldn't they).

The big difference is, on the 427 lights, the cover seems to be black, and there are chrome rings around each of the light positions. The Gravana setup, on the other hand, mirrors the headlights with a clear cover and black background (which I like a LOT).
This is the 427 style light (pic of the HSV 427)... the ones with the chrome rings are not quite like these. Gravana's look to be these :D And I like them too!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Gravana's look much more like the 427's than the Burgs with the chrome ring. I have a source in Oz for the genuine article. Hopefully, Gravana can get a better price than AU$400 / set plus overseas shipping.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
My mistake. Everyone (Capa and JHP) are calling the chromed ones 427 Retros. Guess they're not exactly based on the 427 lights tho...

It does look to me like the lights on the 427 have smoked lenses (they don't have a bright reflection). Am I wrong? It looks like the ones Gravana is making are clear lenses right?

Hey Gravana, how about that aluminum filler door - can you guys work out one of those? :)

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
phobos512 said:
My mistake. Everyone (Capa and JHP) are calling the chromed ones 427 Retros. Guess they're not exactly based on the 427 lights tho...
You are right... everyone is calling them that. Been driving me crazy in a way too, as they are charging more for them, and they are wrong. But let's not tell them, because the ones that are true to style have been cheaper. I in my opinion, much better looking... less rice :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love the look of gravana's tail lights.... i really hope at some time he chimes in with some info on these lights... i am really looking foward to getting a pair. i started this thread so that we could all hear what he has to say. hope he pops in soon

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sorry for the delay, I just found the thread.

Last week, we shipped a set of lamps with wiring and diagrams to the factory to get final quotes on a DOT-approved product. I expect anoteh rmonth to pass before we hear anything.

As for LEDs, we are going to pass on it and hope that someone else (TYC, InPro, Etc.) will import LED versions. To be perfectly honest, the 2000-set minimum is out of my league, especially with the 2004 vehicle sales.

I do not have photos of the lamps on GTOs. I was so excited to get samples, I shipped them immediately for quotes. However, I have more samples en route, and I will photograph each set on a car and post.

As for a billet gas door, I had not yet considered it with all of our other projects. However, I will look into it and see who (if anyone) has it on their drawing board. If nobody has plans, we may consider making it ourselves.

Thanks again for the interest. Feel free to email me anytime.

Jim

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Sorry for the delay, I just found the thread.

Last week, we shipped a set of lamps with wiring and diagrams to the factory to get final quotes on a DOT-approved product. I expect anoteh rmonth to pass before we hear anything.

As for LEDs, we are going to pass on it and hope that someone else (TYC, InPro, Etc.) will import LED versions. To be perfectly honest, the 2000-set minimum is out of my league, especially with the 2004 vehicle sales.

I do not have photos of the lamps on GTOs. I was so excited to get samples, I shipped them immediately for quotes. However, I have more samples en route, and I will photograph each set on a car and post.

As for a billet gas door, I had not yet considered it with all of our other projects. However, I will look into it and see who (if anyone) has it on their drawing board. If nobody has plans, we may consider making it ourselves.

Thanks again for the interest. Feel free to email me anytime.

Jim
Thanks for the update Jim. I look forward to seeing your lights in the channel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts