LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gravana just finished R&D with AutoPower and the result is three different Roll Bar options for the GTO, including a Race Bar designed for Solo, Autocross and Time Trials. The AutoPower Race Roll Bar Meets SCCA and most race organization rules.

AutoPower manufactures a variety of roll bars and roll cages for street vehicles and all out race cars. Every roll bar or cage has been designed to fit specific car models so only minor modifications are necessary for the installation. Most applications are a true bolt-in and require NO WELDING. A great amount of time has gone into developing and perfecting each product to offer the utmost in strength and proper fit.

Check out our selection at GTO Roll Bars

In addition to the safety provided, the handling improvement achieved by tying the rear of the car together with the AutoPower Roll Bar is exceptional!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Do any of those items meet NHRA requirements for 11-11.99 sec roll bars? Also, weights on these items? Thanks :)

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
phobos512 said:
Do any of those items meet NHRA requirements for 11-11.99 sec roll bars? Also, weights on these items? Thanks :)
It won't meet NHRA because of the bolt-in center bar and lack of a door bar. Best bet if you're barely in the 11s is to try to adhere to the new "Pure Stock" rules that let you run down to 11.50 without a bar.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These bars do not meet NHRA specs. I suggest that you contact someone (chassis or fabrication shop) in your area with expertise in building what you need for NHRA competition.

Jim

PS- Sorry for the delay on this one...

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Ok Not To Sound Like An Ass Or Anything But If They Dont Meet Nhra Then Why Make Them?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dbluegoat said:
Ok Not To Sound Like An Ass Or Anything But If They Dont Meet Nhra Then Why Make Them?

Good point! However, most people who buy a Roll Bar for a street car want it for added safety, whether they end up at a track or not, and don't care about the sactioning bodies.

Interestingly, most of my roll bar sales are to people who enjoy canyon runs or they road-race their cars on weekends. The race versions meet SCCA specs, as well as many other sanctioning bodies that subscribe to SCCA rules.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Good point! However, most people who buy a Roll Bar for a street car want it for added safety, whether they end up at a track or not, and don't care about the sactioning bodies.

Interestingly, most of my roll bar sales are to people who enjoy canyon runs or they road-race their cars on weekends. The race versions meet SCCA specs, as well as many other sanctioning bodies that subscribe to SCCA rules.
thanks Jim I was just wondering, as long as they sell thats all that matters..... :cool:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zgoat said:
NICE! Not for me, but looks good.
I have noticed a specific pattern over the years. The enthusiasts I have known to buy Roll Bars are a unique group. Most have a highly-technical understanding of their vehicle and they are more drivetrain performance driven than appearance. Most are near the bottom of their modification wish list when they decide to purchase a roll bar.

Just food for thought.

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
I want the functionality and safety of the roll bar, but I want to use my back seat for my son and not have it sooooo obtrusive into the operational use of the cabin. Fuction should follow form. I don't want it looking like crap or blocking me from normal entry into my vehicle. That is my primary issue with them. I know they work, but I don't like the way they look inside a car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
phobos512 said:

PM me. I know quite a few fabricators that can build you any spec. cage you want. I run Rally and by far we have the most stringent standards for roll cage compliance, which equates into knowing some great fabricators.

RC

·
Registered GTO Abuser
152 Posts
info on where the rear bars mount to looks like on the inner wheel house, and what interior trim need to be clearanced to make it fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts