LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FROM THE GRAVANA JULY 1 PRESS RELEASE:

5.7 QUAKE CENTERED IN VALENCIA, CA - SHAKES GTO® MARKET
General Motors® Awards Pontiac® GTO® To GRAVANA In An Effort To Generate Excitement Around The Aftermarket Potential Of The 350-Horsepower GTO!

Valencia, CA - July 1, 2004 – Coming this November, we will all feel the ground shake as Gravana unveils their 2005 Project GTO at the 2004 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. GM® has awarded Gravana with a 2005 Pontiac® GTO®, which Gravana will build into a show vehicle for promotional use throughout 2004 and 2005. The primary focus of this partnership is for Gravana to showcase its line of performance parts and accessories for the GTO.

“We are excited about the opportunity to build another project vehicle for GM®. The 2004 Pontiac® GTO® is a stellar platform for the aftermarket,” said Jim Lupold, President of Gravana. “While we have already developed several performance products for the GTO, the combination of clean and aggressive looks from the factory presents a unique and challenging opportunity for Gravana to build body components which will compliment the overall design of the car.”

Gravana’s product line-up includes, but is not limited to, their 50-state legal Air Intake System, RamAir Style Hood, Adjustable Suspension Kits, Sway Bar and Cross Member Upgrades, Carbon Fiber Door Sills and Engine Covers, and a variety of additional upgrades. Companies interested in a marketing partnership on the GTO, or any other Gravana project vehicle, should contact Gravana using the contact information below.

ABOUT GRAVANA
Gravana manufactures and sells aftermarket performance products and accessories for GM® vehicles. Gravana strives to be the ultimate source for performance products and accessories for most late-model GM vehicles. While the idea started in 1998, Gravana, Inc. was founded in 2003 after several years of research and planning. Company founder Jim Lupold started his career working in the family auto repair business at age 13, building his first Pontiac® Trans-Am® before he could even drive. After college and a successful career in motorsports, he cut his professional teeth at Neuspeed, RK Sport, CarParts.com and Performance Products. While Gravana was offered six (6) GM project vehicles for 2004, the company has chosen three diverse vehicles: the 2005 Pontiac GTO, the 2005 Chevrolet® Cobalt®, and the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo®.

For more information, please visit the Gravana website at www.gravanatuning.com, or contact us at the numbers below.

Gravana, Inc. – (661) 296-8850

CLICK HERE FOR FULL GRAVANA VEHICLE RENDERING

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The non-engine mods will likely work with both the 04's and 05's correct?

I am liking the OE style CF hood...That it's in a rendering is proof of the possibility - Go Gravana! :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
nikivee said:
Now that is rice :barf:
Can we therefore assume you think the Rhys Millen car is rice too? If a car has performance to back up looks, I thought it wasn't rice anymore? Hmm...

I may not be fond of the body kit but I definitely don't think that car is rice. Furthermore, I have a black car so sticking a CF hood on it would definitely not be ricey. :punch:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are getting mixed reviews on the body kits. The 1960's GTO lovers don't care for the aggressive styling. Even my own family is split. My father likes the older Goats. To him, the stock 2004 GTO looks like a Sport Compact (or Ricer). He mistook the car for a Cavalier or Acura TL (Both of which I get mistaken for from others as well...).

I do appreciate the honest (good or bad) feedback! Especially, the people who are PM and emailing me with ideas, concepts and vehicle photos of what they would like to see.

Jim

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Jim, was the idea for the side sills taken from the #5 race car? They look strikingly similar to the side sills on the drawings I have of the race car that I use for a background on my computer...

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
emailing me with ideas, concepts and vehicle photos of what they would like to see.

Jim
the woodward concept.....

·
GTOless
7,067 Posts
I like the rear spoiler off the Woodward concept

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
phobos512 said:
Jim, was the idea for the side sills taken from the #5 race car? They look strikingly similar to the side sills on the drawings I have of the race car that I use for a background on my computer...

Very similar indeed. Teske designs provides all of my renderings based on the samples and ideas I supply. I doubt if the production skirts will have the side cutouts. However, we like the idea for a show car.

Jim

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
=phobos512]Can we therefore assume you think the Rhys Millen car is rice too? If a car has performance to back up looks, I thought it wasn't rice anymore? Hmm...
No. The RhysMillen is a race car. I expect it to look like that. What I don't expect is an 04-05 GTO to look like a rice out Honda Accord, and the drawing is the epitome of rice. I know I certainly wouldn't be seen driving that. Maybe once the car is done and I'm not looking at a drawing I may change my mind, but for now that is rice. IMHO. :D

I may not be fond of the body kit but I definitely don't think that car is rice. Furthermore, I have a black car so sticking a CF hood on it would definitely not be ricey. :punch:
No it wouldn't.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The race car isn't Rhys. No, the rice car isn't race. No, the Rhys car isn't rice. Hmmm. If the Rhys racer isn't rice, then racing a ricer is Rhys. Oh ferget it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pahrump said:
Looking forward to seeing what your new GTO looks like when done after leaving here stock as a rock today.
Scott,

Thanks again for everything. The car is perfect! I broke it in gently on the long stretch through Dumont.

We will start tearing it apart tomorrow!

Jim

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
the woodward concept.....
Amen! The woodward concept is gorgeous! Build It!!! :hail:

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Gravana was supposedly looking into developing a wodward style hood.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts