LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great day at Byron!!! - 10-1-06

Well, props to the Speed Inc gang! We had a great time at Byron today and even ran a few races. The MT DR's are the single BEST mod AFAIC since they lowered my 60' times from a piss poor 2.33 to a best today of 1.63. I know this car has an 11 in it I just need to get more time at the track, once I get that 11, then I'll spray. Weighed the car and it came in at 3800lbs with me and my laptop. Enough yacking here are my times for today.

1st Run
R/T - .280
60' - 1.72
1/4 - 12.31
MPH - 109.15

2nd Run
R/T - .245
60' - 1.63
1/4 - 12.23
MPH 110.36

OH and my first two runs are with WITH TRACTION CONTROL ON!!!!:banghead:

3rd Run
R/T - .124
60' - 1.66
1/4 - 12.101
MPH - 112.42

Mods on my 2005 A4 are:
Speed Inc SI5 grind cam
Patriot Gold Valve Springs
SLP Underdrive Pulley
FAST 90 Intake'
LPE CAI
Vigilante 3600 Stall
3.91 Gears

A Special thanks to Larry at Speed Inc. He coached me throughout the day and it helped a TON!! Thanks Larry!!!

The weather wasn't any help either as it was clear, Sunny and quite warm around 80*. I had a blast and even did my burnout on my second run in reverse :shiner: The guy running the tree was laughing his ass off!!

There was also a guy with his CL55 AMG running for the first time (according to him, he hadn't been at a race track in 43 years). We talked a bit and he was having a good time too. He shocked EVERYONE with a first run of 12.60!! And knocked a couple of tenths off on his second run.....

Anyway. I'm looking forward for that 11 second run hopefully before the end of this season!

Cheers,

Mark

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
Great times, 11 seconds just around the corner. My wife did the reverse burnout the last time out and got her PB time, maybe there's something to that. Good runs and I'm sure you'll be in the 11's soon.:gears: Where are you located?

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice times! Those are kick ass 60's

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShaneD_06GTO said:
Nice times! Those are kick ass 60's
Thanks! The MT DR's REALLY made the difference! I positive I can get the 60' down a good tenth if I get a bit better at heating up the tires. I think my next mod is a line lock......

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
Very nice times...your 60's rock man

note to self...get stall!

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
kick ass 60'! you'll hit the 11's soon enough. congrats

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks all! I'm hoping to get back to Byron on the 28th. Hopefully, there will be cooler temps. If I hit that magic 11.xx, I'll spray for sure......

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would maybe head down on the 28th, if it's warm out. Were you the blue GTO with with the Bogart or Welds.

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nomorefwd said:
I would maybe head down on the 28th, if it's warm out. Were you the blue GTO with with the Bogart or Welds.
No Welds or Bogarts. I have the stock wheels with MT DR's. I suspect you saw GMH's Goat there.....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
barkingspud said:
No Welds or Bogarts. I have the stock wheels with MT DR's. I suspect you saw GMH's Goat there.....
Yea, I got both your cars confused that day.

Saw you running really good times on DRs, then I saw this car with ET Streets/Skinnies, etc. and thought you changed tires. When it went slower, I knew it was another car. Talked to him for a bit, nice guy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Barking, are you still going the 28th(tomorrow). I'm thinking about heading down. Last time I was there I didn't get to check out any of the GTO's, because I was helping a friend with his Mustang.

·
LS1 N/A 11 Second Club
368 Posts
Great times. With a little cooler air you'll get your 11.xx.

·
Dismembered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nomorefwd said:
Barking, are you still going the 28th(tomorrow). I'm thinking about heading down. Last time I was there I didn't get to check out any of the GTO's, because I was helping a friend with his Mustang.
There are a few of us going on the 29th......I think we are meeting off the I-88 Farnsworth exit aither by the Outlet Mall or by Dunkin Donuts south of 88. Check the Midwest section for the thread....

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would be coming down 39/51. If I show I'll hook up with the Speed Inc lane.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts