LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
277 horse, 305 torque.

The horse is about 15 lower then I was looking for at a minimum. Torque was a touch low but not unexpected.

I'm not completely happy, but I'm not totally pissed either. The car exhibited the same goofy air/fuel dropoff when it switches between tables.

It'll go back on the dyno at 5000 miles and we'll see where we stand then.

Sigh.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I think if I would dyno my GTO, I'd be in those numbers too. Not because my GOAT feels sluggish but because I live over 7000 feet above sea level. I'm sure the thin air here will play a big part on how my GTO performs/dynos.

BTW tiggerfan, any mods yet?

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iron Horse said:
BTW tiggerfan, any mods yet?
Nope, bone stock. Of course, the *OTHER* issue with that number may be that the paper filter which spent 2 1/2 months sitting inside the body shop. As such, it probably isn't flowing at the higher velocity as well as it should.

We'll see as things march along.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M6.

There is a possibility that it went on the dyno with the AC on as well. When I got back in the car it was blowing, so not sure. We'll get it retested at 5000 anyway.

I'm not completely disappointed, I'm just not happy either.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
tiggerfan said:
There is a possibility that it went on the dyno with the AC on as well. When I got back in the car it was blowing, so not sure.
Doh! I hate it when that happens. :eek: I've done that a few times at the dragstrip. Can be kind of embarrassing. :)

Padre

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PadreGTO said:
Doh! I hate it when that happens. :eek: I've done that a few times at the dragstrip. Can be kind of embarrassing. :)

Padre
Yeah well, they had never seen one of these before. They got freaked at the ABS fault cause on the dyno, so they might have missed the A/C.

I'll live though. I'm happy with the torque number, and thats really what matters. We did have a guy dyno a 640 horse firebird in there as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts