LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Call from a friend who said he rented one of the new Hertz Mustang GT's.
Met up with them for some lunch and took a few crappy pictures with my cell phone.
Also had another friend there with a Black 05 A4 GTO and another with an 06 E55 that has been wanting to run me.

All three cars are stock except mine.

The GT-H was quite nice, much better then the GT's I see everywhere.
It had a great exhuast note and an Agressive Shelby look to it.
The only downside was it was Auto and we couldn't figure out the Traction control till later when it was too late. The Shelby package on it was very appealing.

We took the GT-H and E55 out to line up.

Found a nice 2 lane road out off of Ortega Highway near the dump.

Went from a dig 3 times with the GT-H, I pulled on it in every gear but it still surprised me.

Next up was the E55....

It was 100% stock but this beast of a Mercedes is nothing to ignore with 469hp and 500+tq from the factory.

We went from a dig 2 times, I launched a little to hard and we both spun thru 1st gear. I hit 2nd and grabbed 1/3 a car then he would creep up dead even. I hit 3rd and gained even less about 1/4 of a car, then he would once again creep up to dead even and I hit 4th gear and we stayed dead even.

We both let off at about 115 and pulled over, both stunned and speechless.

We decided to try 1 more time to conclude a winner in a race that was the closest I've experienced.

We lined up 1 more time with all most the same exact outcome except we let off at about 125. It hurts me to say this but after about 110 or 115 the E55 starts walking away.

All in all I was very happy with the outcome, the E55 owner gave me some credit for driving a stick against an auto.

It was a great time and I just want to thank the stock shifter gods for not letting me down.

LS2PWR:turbonaug

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Cool_Hand_Luke said:
Good runs.

I wonder how much people will pay for a "pre flogged" GT-H once they enter the market.

I wonder what the speed limiter is on the E55? If it's under 150MPH he would of been surprised a little farther down the road.
I think the E55 is limited to 155. Chip/reflash gets rid of that and then they pull well into the 170s if not 180. Strong cars. I've only had the chance to ride in one E55 so far and it just pulled all over the place. Power everywhere in the band.

Good runs and great story! :thumbs:

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Nice pics and write up. I don't know why, but the new Shelby and GT-H remind of Bubba from Forest Gump with that huge protruding bumper.

·
Driving the Legend
2,657 Posts
Shelby GT-H's don't have controllable TCS for a reason guys.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its actually just a C clip behind the TCS Button.....TCS can be disabled within a min or two.....

·
Silver street surfer
291 Posts
Not bad, i think i'll rent one next trip i make to cali. and drive one into the ground. Burnouts and donuts! lol at least try.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Hertz Mustang is interesting. Too bad it's an auto, but I can understand why. If they would have put 4:10's in it, it would probably hang with the GTO.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I searched around on the GT-H and the Shelby Package Consists of an intake,catback,a tune, suspension package, and 3:55 gears. Suppose to pick up 25hp and 10tq. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
LS2PWR. Do you have a tune as well? Or any dyno #'s?

I'm glad to see a well driven bolt on M6 hanging with an E55!
Nice kill and close death.

Did the gears kill your top end a bit allowing the Benz to creep ahead?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last Dyno was around 383 prior to gears and removal of cats.

The gears helped me stay in my powerband I believe, thats why I gained a little each shift.

The E55 reported falling on its face somewhat on each shift which is hard to believe with all the torque it has.

Top end wise, at the track I did loose a few MPH at the end of the quarter but the pick up at the begining is way worth it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
pinski said:
I think the E55 is limited to 155. Chip/reflash gets rid of that and then they pull well into the 170s if not 180. Strong cars. I've only had the chance to ride in one E55 so far and it just pulled all over the place. Power everywhere in the band.

Good runs and great story! :thumbs:
The stock E55 with the limiter off is capable of traveling well into the 180's and even the 190's with enough room. I seen a couple of videos of it.

·
Silver street surfer
291 Posts
The hood isn't very appealing to me. It makes me think of it as a backward hood scoop. Is there an aerodynamic point to making the hood that way?

·
Suck it Trebek
1,502 Posts
did the E55 owner turn off traction control? That's his problem if so. They have the best TC system of just about any car. Allowing any idiot to pull consistant [email protected] times

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im not to sure, but I'll be sure to ask next time I see him.

FYI, When I drove the E55 even with the TC off it still comes on when It shifts into 2nd....kinda odd.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I asked Today, He said the TCS was ON and when we ran the TCS light was blinking non-stop thru 1st gear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts