LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Gtech Pro unit. For those who do not know what this is, it calculates 0-60 time, 1/4 time and HP by accelaration over time. It looks like a mini-radar detector and mounts just like a Radar detector.

There were muggle cars everywhere tonight so I was not able to get a quater mile time.

I have a 0 - 60 time of 5.09 seconds (best). That was my first attempt and I thought I was a little soft on the car, I was just testing the unit. My next two trys had major wheel spin (street tires) and I came in at 5.34 and 5.31. My last time was 5.16, there was a bit of a bog at launch and some spinning into 2nd. All in all lots of fun for a little money. Most people seem to beleive these things are pretty accurate so I am happy with it.

Side note: I first ran it in my Dakota because that is the vehical I had at the time.

Dakota: 0 - 60 = 9.46 seconds, 1/4 = 16.6 seconds @ 82 mph I think I backed off early... :)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
very cool PJ,
it would be cool to bring to it to 66 next tuesday and compare times for accuracy.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
I'm glad yours works well PJ, mine after screwing with it for bout 20mins I get nothing but some instantanious G force number hit the button screen just flashes and continues.

Anybody with Gtech pro exprience can you chime in give a novice a hand. I swear I read the directions.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
disreguard last post, figured it all out. The number I was seeing was telling me how far off 0* horizontal it was at. Get it to 0 hit the button and GO.

For $55 shipped its cheap.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Mine doesn't work at all... I'm going to call the seller, and get a replacement. Damn electronics, if they are going to fail, it is usually when they are plugged in the first time.

:(

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
GMH GTO said:
disreguard last post, figured it all out. The number I was seeing was telling me how far off 0* horizontal it was at. Get it to 0 hit the button and GO.

For $55 shipped its cheap.
Where did you find one for $55?
:drink::drink:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No juice at all? No red lights?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tails said:
Where did you find one for $55?
:drink::drink:
Flee Bay
: you have pm

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I don't know if they've improved them since the early days, but they used to cut E.T.'s by a tenth or two and boost mph numbers a mile or two.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
sxty8goats said:
No juice at all? No red lights?
No juice at all... however I just called the seller, and they told me a problem they have with this unit is the fuse in the power adapter. At the end of the plug is a button, it should move up and down, sometimes the fuse misaligns. Going to check this out, if not they told me I can exchange it. Very nice folks :D

<edit>btw.... very high volume seller, with good feedback... who actually provide the buyer feedback BEFORE delivery. This tells me they don't hold your feedback hostage... something you can't say of all ebay sellers.</edit>

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
04redgto said:
where are you guys buying them from???
yeah ditto........hook me up with a pm please

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
ebay... Just look up Gtech and you will get companys selling them for $45 buy it now, they have sold thousands! regularly $140 if you buy from summit etc. I found out they don't make this model anymore, probley why. It still comes with a warranty though.

The Gtechs now have improved ALOT but they are $200-$300 now have increased accuracy and now show 60' time, even work as a tach.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know they have more bells and wistles now but this one does enough and it was cheep, dirt cheep. If it is cutting my et and boosting MPH, all the better. It just makes me happer to see better numbers. :D

I only played with it for an hour or so and I think I got my 54$ worth....

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was/ is my problem as well.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Made a couple runs on the highway at 2 am. All were pretty consistant but couldnt' hook up 90% of the time and roasted the hoops.

spun the tires to a [email protected] The speed is good and is really the information i'm trying to collect. MPH is quite repeatable unlike ET that is inconsistant, though it may not be 100% accurate it is a benchmark I can run against in seeing if Borla catback etc LT headers will help and how much.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
regular Gtech, albeit its accurate. But a typical track is going to have a some good traction on the starting line. Still 105mph would put me in the low 13s like a second quicker ET then I did. I have made some weight reductions on my car, -spare tire-fuel tank guard.

Wheater I ran 105mph or less maybe 100 at the minimum, it shows I can put this pig in the 13s hopefully:)

Gtech is great to run on the expressway at night like 2am, how often do people go 100mph on 294, pretty much anybody that uses the 294 exceeds 80mph. So you look inconspicuous.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been scouting around for a good streach of road. There are plenty of places to try my 0-60 time (5.09 is still my best) but to get a 1/4 I need to find a better place. I think it will be easier on the weekend bc I can play at 3AM.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts