LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Holden article said Benicia California but then whats this about??!!?? I think we all know the ship name is Chijin.

Arrival Schedule

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Awesome, Nov 12 arrival in the good ol' US of A. I have yet to hear from anyone how long they think it will take to get from the west coast (for lack of absolute certainty of city) to the midwest (AKA Janesville, Wi but Chicago would do). A rough estimate would be fine, I really just want to know if I'm going to be able to drive my new GTO to ThanksGiving dinner. :cool:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Figure another week or two to be moved from the yard, to a rail car, then the rail car phased for departure then out here. Since Janesville has the Tahoe/Suburban plant, perhaps they'll just rail car it there to that yard. Otherwise I have a feeling it'll get shipped to the Naperville or Berwyn transfer stations and then trucked up to you.

Perhaps Tails can look into this. :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still trying to figure out if they are coming to Benecia CA or Tacoma WA. It makes it harder to figure shipping further east if you don't know where they are starting from. There also seems to be a lot of dead ends that shouldn't be there when I do some searching. I also found out that shipping companies don't like to give access to some information unless you are the owner of the shipment.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You don't blame them for being a little secure with some of their information, do you? :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
The picture from Adelaide recently posted as the goatboat was identified as Princes Highway in another post here. the shipping schedule didn't show that one in the time frame reported, but did show Chijin. Comparing the pictures suggests that our boat is not Chijin. Can you find where Princes Highway is going and arrival. Port of Benica?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem with Benicia is that it is a private port owned and run by the Metropolitan Stevedore Company. They have virtually no information on anything other than they do cars. No schedules no nothing. Most of the other ports have scheduling information. In Adelaide there are only two berths (3 and 4) that ship cars from the Outer Harbor. The Chijin was the only ship leaving from one of those. I cannot find anything about a ship called Princes Highway. Princes Highway is a major coastal roadway in Australia though.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Man that's an odd looking ship. Not like the usual ocean going container ships anyway.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actual people drive them on. Tough job but somebodies got to do it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hada64 said:
The picture from Adelaide recently posted as the goatboat was identified as Princes Highway in another post here. the shipping schedule didn't show that one in the time frame reported, but did show Chijin. Comparing the pictures suggests that our boat is not Chijin. Can you find where Princes Highway is going and arrival. Port of Benica?
The pictures from the media forum show the ship name clearly as Chi Jin. Click Here

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I guess now that I think about it, I can see them driving them on and that ship would make sense. For some reason I was thinking that they'd be getting put into "stack" or containers, then machine loaded on/off the ship.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Tails said:
I know the Holden article said Benicia California but then whats this about??!!?? I think we all know the ship name is Chijin.
Another example of TOO much time on my hands.....I was studying the photos of the GTOs being loaded onto Chijin and noticed something. In the photo where the president of Holden and the other guy are infront of a BLUE GTO, you can see on the car's window sticker that is says:

Benicia
United States

Okay, I'll go to bed now. :eek:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey Tails: Looks pretty definite Benicia which is closer than Tacoma which would suggest stopping there first rather than Tacoma-Benicia-Japan. Means arrival several days before the November 12 time. What you think?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
14 Participants
cjlannoy
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing