1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
GTO Autocross

Anyone have a source for pictures of the Autocross? Hope it corners better than .8g. Engine as described should be close to an LS-6 given the already common parts plus the GTO dual catalyst and enlarged air intake.

JRM346

Impulse blue/blue 04 auto on order

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great link '91 Formula! Really good read and great info on future ehancements we can make to personalize the new GTO's.

Okay......... NOW I"M GETTING EXCITED!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Suprfun

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Suprfun said:
Great link '91 Formula! Really good read and great info on future ehancements we can make to personalize the new GTO's.

Okay......... NOW I"M GETTING EXCITED!!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Suprfun
Doesn't it piss you off that you can't do more drinking guys then that??!!??
:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Okay now I've been thinking, and that's probably a bad thing in itself but......... somewhere I read about a shortage of LS1 engine blocks and the LS6 block was used as a replacement. In the last Camaro's and Firebird's I think. Fast forward to now..... After reading about the "GTO AUTOCROSS" and the LS6 head and cam package accessories to boost horsepower to 400, could it be possible that the new GTO already has the LS6 block? I'm probably wrong on this but it sure would be a pleasant surprise and a nice gift from the General for everyone, especially those of us wanting to take the performance just a little higher!

Tails, I'm not sure but I think drinking that purple stuff does something to raise a person’s excitement level! Matter of fact I think I'll have a couple more.
:drink: :drink:

I haven't been this excited or felt this good since my pacemaker redlined and over revved my heart!

Suprfun

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Until they hit the shores and get into customer hands, no one knows whether or not they have an LS1 or LS6 block.

To see once some get their cars, look on the driver's side of the engine, back on the deck above the transmission flange. Cast into it, if you see 12561168, that's an LS6 block. The LS6 block was made at the Nemak plant.

If you can't see the numbers, the Montupet plant that built LS1 blocks is a shinier metal whereas the Nemak plant is a duller stronger method.

Montupet uses a gravity feed process that uses a combination of metallic dies and sand cores. The Nemak (LS6) uses a low pressure precision fan process which is more hi-po oriented.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No problem. Brain explosion is good now and again. It "purges" the system. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That issue is not settled yet. Unless something happened in the past 24 hours since I've been here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
hada64
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing