LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure if I should post here, but since there is no suspension section I thought this might work. I am looking into getting a new GTO and am more into autocross and road racing over drag racing. I wanted a coil over setup and found this.

http://www.norris-motorsports.com/new1.html

It looks pretty nice, but was wondering what else is available if anything as a direct fit. Any info or opinions is appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
59 Posts
NLP said:
Wasn't sure if I should post here, but since there is no suspension section I thought this might work. I am looking into getting a new GTO and am more into autocross and road racing over drag racing. I wanted a coil over setup and found this.

http://www.norris-motorsports.com/new1.html

It looks pretty nice, but was wondering what else is available if anything as a direct fit. Any info or opinions is appreciated. TIA
Yes, I too am looking for a good coil over suspension system. I have seen 3 so far at different prices.

Norris Mototrsports - $1800
Gravana Tuning has a set for $1200
& I believe RMR has a set as well waiting to get a price.

The Norris Motorsports Looks the coolest but is the extra $600 worth it?

I'm trying to find out the actual differences between these units pros/cons etc.

If anyone can shed some more light on these that would be great and if anyone knows of any other sets available.

Thanks For All Your Help!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
They are fully adjustable, the ones Gravana Tuning offers is only ride height adjustable. Having full control of the shock would be great for all forms of racing and street use.

·
Registered
77 Posts
lionsden said:
Yes, I too am looking for a good coil over suspension system. I have seen 3 so far at different prices.

Norris Mototrsports - $1800
Gravana Tuning has a set for $1200
& I believe RMR has a set as well waiting to get a price.

The Norris Motorsports Looks the coolest but is the extra $600 worth it?

I'm trying to find out the actual differences between these units pros/cons etc.

If anyone can shed some more light on these that would be great and if anyone knows of any other sets available.

Thanks For All Your Help!
What bugs me is that neither of them really say who's springs thay are using, or dampers for that matter. The Gravana setup uses a cartridge type damper, is that what the stockers are? Looks like their setup is a custom fabbed strut. There is little clearance between the tire and the stock strut, dunno if these clear any better.

What I really need is more camber adjustment. The coilovers look attractive because there will be more room to slide the top of the strut inboard in the tower and get more camber and camber gain.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
What sorts of improvements would one see with this system. I'm looking for something that adds to the drive quality and prevents any wheel hop etc...

·
Registered
59 Posts
beertestr said:
What bugs me is that neither of them really say who's springs thay are using, or dampers for that matter. The Gravana setup uses a cartridge type damper, is that what the stockers are? Looks like their setup is a custom fabbed strut. There is little clearance between the tire and the stock strut, dunno if these clear any better.

What I really need is more camber adjustment. The coilovers look attractive because there will be more room to slide the top of the strut inboard in the tower and get more camber and camber gain.
Well, I have emailed all three companies & didnt get one response. I know RMR is still working on getting a price. So I guess they dont want my biz. I will try emailling them again and see if I get something.

·
I want my $2!!
272 Posts
How sad! I did a search on coilovers, and only got 3 finds. I have found Drummond Motorsports http://www.dmshocks.com/parts/model40.html (same brand used on the orange crush concept, Thank you autoweek). But was unable to find a price for them.

I am mostly intreasted in maximum traction for DD, and open road racing. Coilovers could possibly give us wider tire fittings than we have seen up to this point. Has addressed this yet? Maybe cost is the issue? Does anyone know?

I plan on starting my mods with the ripshifter, then coilovers. After those mods I will cut the fenders back, instead of rolling them. The following mod will be the widest billet 18 inch rims I can fit, Followed up with a brake package.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
beertestr said:

Gravana's selling Pedders struts and coil overs, they are a suspension/tire chain in australia but have a niche for performance suspension parts. They were the first to make the rear camber kit for V2 monaros, carrys over to the GTO.

Now you talk camber adjustment? front or back? Thats already sorted both ways, the front you get a new strut mount (gravana sells) that you get heaps of camber/caster adjustment out of.

Whiteline suspension in australia also sells coil overs for the GTO.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
heres some links
http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/fact_sheets/CK_Pontiac_GTO.pdf

Whiteline's coil overs are said to be "height and rate adjustable" they also give you alignment specs for using their suspension parts, I like that. Whiteline is a big name in australia for quality performance suspension parts.

http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2004_Pontiac_GTO_5.7.aspx/1/1801/_SportsRyder_Caster_Adjustment_Kit_

this is gravana's (pedders) offering for front end adjustments. It should be camber adjustable too, most these kits are.

A magazine in australia (street machine, a great mag) did a lowering job and installed a camber caster adjustment and provided a step by step pictured discription of how to install a kit similar to what gravana is selling. I'll scan it maybe this weekend and you whats involved.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts

·
I want my $2!!
272 Posts
Thanks, RedhotGTO, that puts it more into perspective.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts