LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fridaynight drags at pmp start april 4th. Figured I would post this up to see if anyone else would be interested in tagging along.

Gates open at 4. I usually get there at arond 5.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I might go depending on schedule. Might not be as good as i would with the god awful tires i have on right now.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
Not interested in running at Pueblo, but I'm sure I'll be out at Bandimere sometime this year looking to put a little distance between myself and Sean.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. You must be close.

I didnt go. Spent the day getting some cosmetic work taken care of on the car. I am Trying to polish a turd lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I went down on friday night and got my 13. I am very stoked about that. Seems that track conditions went out the door and ran mid to low 14's the rest of the night. Racing with an auto v8 is amazing. Before I got the gto I was into dragracing aircooled Volkswagens. They were high maintenance and fragile. And I never would have driven a 13 second vw to the track. I dont think I could ever play with anything else after making the switch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
nice i missed this Friday but i want to go the Friday after next week. I get my tune done for my cam this week and hope to run low 13's if traction allows it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks doric. I know 13's are not all that impressive. But I am still happy about it. A bonus is actually get the use the helmate I bought when i ran my turbo'd bug in 2011 and 2012. I sold it to put the down payment on my house. I didnt think id ever need it before the sfi cert expired. The tech guy told me to make sure I have it next time because they require one at 13.99.

I woulda threw a post up before going, but I didnt even plan to go till I hoped on pmi's site at 5:30 and saw they they were open. I was on my way down within 10 minutes. Lol

I did see a black 04 gto pulling in right in front of me. Didnt see him run though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Blake are you going to PMP this Friday. I just overnighted some slicks so i plan on hitting 12's this Friday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good time meeting you Blake. Did get a personal best of [email protected], it definitely has 12's in it but i was having tranny problems the whole night. After leaving the track my trannys output seal came completely out and drained my fluid all over I-25, luckily i was able to limp it home the remaining 30 miles doing 30 mph. Time for a tranny rebuild!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good meeting you too. Sucks about the trans though. Atleast you have a reason for putting in a stronger one now though.

I was stuck doing 14.0s at 101-102 last night. Still getting 2.2 60 foot times but I had a blast. I got a 14.1 at 102 and a 14.2 @100. Both I tried different launches and hurt me. But it ran the 14.0s like a bracket car. Lol

I still gotta port my intake manifold and add a vararam. Then a tune before I go back.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Luckily i have a spare that i can put in tonight when i get bored. Your still putting in good times, just need some drag radials a high stall and a cam and you'll be doing low 13's maybe 12's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Blake are you going again this Friday. I got my spare tranny in for the time being, it has a bad 2nd gear synchro but it works none the less. Round 2 for trying to get 12's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not this weekend. I have my intake manifold and throttle body pulled for porting. Will be a while before I go back. Good luck though!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Blake are you going again this Friday. I got my spare tranny in for the time being, it has a bad 2nd gear synchro but it works none the less. Round 2 for trying to get 12's.
Did you get your 12?

·
Registered
182 Posts
No i was running slower, i only trapped 104 mph rather than last weeks 108mph, not having a 2nd gear synchro didn't help either. Best time was 13.4 at 104. I'm going to go next week to the Saturday night mayhem and I'm trying to go to Bandimere this Wednesday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts