LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get that nice "GTO" front license plate with the inverted pyramid design that they placed in the black goat used in the movie "The Last Ride"?

We are not required to have the state license plate in AZ and I first intended to leave it out but now I want to put that GTO license plate in the front to help identify my car to the public. I really don't like the windshield banner kind.

·
I'm swimming in lava...
158 Posts
That was a nice plate. Too bad where I live you need a regular plate in front. I'd have that on mine otherwise.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I even called Pontiac Customer Service. The operator was very nice and we even flirted a little bit and she was just going ga-ga over the GTO and how she wishes she could afford to buy one, blah, blah, blah.....but she really could not help me. She said that the plate was probably just specially designed for the movie itself and is still not available at local dealers or even Pontiac Mall. She ended with the usual "check back again in 6 mos."

I really really want that license plate. The only ones I have seen online for sale were designed for the old GTO's and still has the "6.5 LITRES" under the pyramid.

·
I'm swimming in lava...
158 Posts
It wouldn't take much for you to custom make a large image of the current GTO badge, have it printed up in that size, and just attach it to any other plate...then just put it under those plastic cover protectors. That's what I'd do for now.

·
no goat
367 Posts
Obvious Answer

desertgoat said:
I even called Pontiac Customer Service. The operator was very nice and we even flirted a little bit and she was just going ga-ga over the GTO and how she wishes she could afford to buy one, blah, blah, blah.....but she really could not help me. She said that the plate was probably just specially designed for the movie itself and is still not available at local dealers or even Pontiac Mall. She ended with the usual "check back again in 6 mos."

I really really want that license plate. The only ones I have seen online for sale were designed for the old GTO's and still has the "6.5 LITRES" under the pyramid.

Dont go to the trouble of finding another tag, just get the 6.5 litre one and do a motor swap, duh :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts