LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
FYI, to be fair, I did shut it down at 100, and he did have a door lead on me. It wasn't like he walked away at the end, but he definitely had a slight edge on me. In that video I blew the 3-4 shift when I dropped back suddenly around the 16 second mark and then started pulling again. About 2 seconds later I shut it down totally.

The second time around (which he'll be posting tomorrow) he pulled far better then I did.

Either way, not making excuses, I lost both times, but not by much. Be interesting to see as I mod up the GTO.

·
DOG
626 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Look at all the mods he had. He need all that to beat a stock GTO. Tell him you will race him when you put some money into your car.
I am sure I will, but its still run what you brought. Whats funny is I posted a similar thing over on the GTP board and got quotes back like "You are slower, no excuses. God you are as bad as the retards that cry about the size of an engine or the fact that we come blown from the factory."

Just shows that there are pricks everywhere I guess. Whats interesting is at no point did I say I would have won either of those races. I said that had I not blown the shift the first one would have been more interesting, and in the second one he was definitely quicker.

I was the slower car. Not by much, and this wasn't a massacre of any sort. Like I said before, I set the overspeed chime for 100, and shut it down as soon as it went off for safety reasons (he was in the left lane and I could tell when I was at 100 without looking down and that is what we agreed to.) Someone posted there how I got walked and just went in and said why.

Shrug.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I am only getting sound and no video, and I have the real one player. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
I don't get all the video

TprGTO said:
I am only getting sound and no video, and I have the real one player. Anyone else having this problem?
The video cuts off, and when the video cuts off the goat is in the lead.
How much HP does that GTP have, cause unless you really suck(no offense)
and he has some monster mods to that V6, you should have blown his drawers off.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:

he already said this before; he GTP has a pulley, headers, intercooler and induction.

those are some fairly serious mods.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Right click and save the video. His host is having problems streaming.

The GTP is 500 pounds lighter, has an intercooler, pulley, headers, induction and a few other minor mods. He's run 13.6 in the quarter. Stock, thats a drivers race, and frankly, I can't shift THAT quickly against an automatic. You'll see where we are both hooked up, I'm pulling on him, and loose ground at the shifts. At the end I blow the 3-4 and fall back a few feet, then hit 100 and shut it down.

Stock vs. Stock it would have been a stomping. This case wasn't.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Your car is still faster

tiggerfan said:
Right click and save the video. His host is having problems streaming.

The GTP is 500 pounds lighter, has an intercooler, pulley, headers, induction and a few other minor mods. He's run 13.6 in the quarter. Stock, thats a drivers race, and frankly, I can't shift THAT quickly against an automatic. You'll see where we are both hooked up, I'm pulling on him, and loose ground at the shifts. At the end I blow the 3-4 and fall back a few feet, then hit 100 and shut it down.

Stock vs. Stock it would have been a stomping. This case wasn't.
You still have a faster car than his if he's running 13.6 in 1/4. A few runs
and shifting practice you'll have his a$$. A blown shift is everything, no wonder you lost. Of course any car can beat any car if modded to
the hilt.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
and shifting practice you'll have his a$$. A blown shift is everything, no wonder you lost. Of course any car can beat any car if modded to
the hilt.
Plus my ls1 is a hair sick. HP Tuners shows up this week.

I'm not making excuses, I lost, it was DAMN close. Life goes on.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Good run tiggerfan, given the choice that dude would take your car any day, if not
then he would have to be an, well you know. :)

Yeah, when we were bullshitting afterwords, he enjoyed the seats.

It was a very good run, and definitely pretty close. In another few months he's going to be spending a lot more then I am to keep up at the speeds I'll be hitting. Course, you race what you brought, and that is a pretty darn quick GTP.

My favorite part, is that despite the rain this weekend on the car, you can see his lights not only in the door, but in the rocker panel. God I love zaino :)

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
nice run tiger fan, definatly onto a 13 second pass. Video reminded me of the look I had at the 5.0 stang I beat, then the stang won second race. Let thoes FWD 4T60E hairdrier crap GTP talk shit and beat some at the track this summer to settle the score.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
speed_demon_freak said:
Look at all the mods he had. He need all that to beat a stock GTO. Tell him you will race him when you put some money into your car.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT. The GTP is a family car. The GTO is a sports car. Oh well when he mods his car he will be faster. Who cares. I thought you GTO guys where gonna be cooler than those f-body guys but it looks to me like some of you are just as stupid. Bottom line is when he mods his car he will be faster. So what. I like the LS1 as much as ya'll do and if I wasn't 18 and could afford an LS1 powered car I probably would have one. But I cant so I get a different good car. Keep it in mind we all have Pontiacs, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
the hilt.
My 13.6 run was with me spinning and sorry driving skills. I can't launch my car to save my life. A blown shift didn't affect it that much. The second race he didn't miss a gear and I still beat him. Give it up my car is faster right now. Yes when he gets mods he will beat me. So what! Does he care....probably not. Do I care....Hell no. And not any car can beat any car just b/c its modded. I've raced moderately modded Civics when I had an intake and pulley and still walked them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts