LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new to this forum but i have this problem going on with my car. It’s a cammed 05 gto, the car sometimes starts up and dies out (stalls) and when it does idle it sounds like crap and i try to give it a little throttle it stalls out sometimes.I have a fuel pressure gauge installed on my rails and i know i used to read stable 58-59psi, but now it’s reading between 65-70 psi and the gauge is unstable now. I do not have any CEL, i just need some help because I’m lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m thinking it’s the regulator as well. My fuel pressure is usually 58 never went above the 60 psi mark. I’m sorry i don’t have a laptop to look at my fuel trims right now.

·
Worthless reject member
41,096 Posts
I've seen fuel PSI in excess of 60, and it's not usually a big deal, but it's worth a look i guess since yours seemed to jump all the way up to 70. Does it clear up when you start to drive it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the gauge is mechanical and i see it bouncing from 65-70 very erratically. If i try to drive the car it will stall out shut off. When it idling it sometimes clear up but then eventually goes back to a misfiring feeling. I have no codes and this just happened outta no where

·
Worthless reject member
41,096 Posts
Stock fuel system?
Good question, and i was doing some googling and having a few thoughts.

if he switched to an aftermarket return system and the regulator is vacuum referenced he could be having an issue because of fluctuating vacuum at idle, but i'm guessing he didn't do that. he said the problem just started happening. Also saw a post somewhere about an aftermarket fuel rail routing effecting pressure, and aeration in the fuel effecting pressure.

the only other thing i could think of is still the FPR, or maybe the pump.

seeing his fuel trims would still help, i think.

The LAST thing i thought of, was a restriction in the system somewhere increasing pressure, but if it was the stock setup, not sure how that would work since it's a straight shot to the rails and the pressure is maintained from the FPR in the bucket. Any restriction should produce a drop in pressure down the line. if it's a return system, though, then maybe.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Most likely the fuel pressure regulator in the bucket is plugged. It's dumping in more fuel when the injectors open due to the higher pressure differential across them. I bet if you put a scanner on it, your long term fuel trims will be negative and fairly high. Closed loop cruise is probably not as bad as idle and starting etc, as it's adjusting back the injector pulse width.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also thanks guys for chiming and helping me i just wanna get my car running without any problems.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I think your FPR in your fuel pump assembly may be going out. If you still have the stock pump right now Rockauto has one on closeout for $61.79. It's Spectra SP6615M and it appears to come with a 210lph pump. The pump assembly is not that hard to change.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How long have you had the dw300c? What is your pressure when you turn the key on but don't start the engine?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts