LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
The international auto show in Boston did not have a GTO nor a Bonneville. There was, however, a CTS-V at the show.

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
i was mad that the boston auto show did not have the GTO. I was looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
DevilYellow said:
oddly enough I will most likely be getting my GTO exactly a year from the time I first saw one at the 03 Chicago Auto Show

Hey I was there too. I thought the display was cool, but the car was so damn far away that you could hardly see any details. I just wanted to go jump on the carosel and pretend to be driving it! :D

Actually, I wanted to start it up and hear the exhaust as it was "Bouncing off of the Rev Limiter"! :cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
davbo said:
If you live in west central florida, you may want to check out the Tampa International Auto show this week (Nov. 13-16). They will have a GTO on display.

http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/tampa/
My wife is just returnig from a week in central FL. She is going to be :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: when she hears about this.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I was there as well. I didn't take any pictures because there wasn't anything new. However, I did get them to open the trunk for me (to see if my w/c would fit back there - it doesn't look good!). They had to hook up the battery to get the trunk open. There is no key hole for the trunk.

Since they went to the trouble of hooking up the battery to let the poor crippleboy look at the trunk, I thought I'd at least ask......"Since you got the battery hooked up, why don't you fire it up and let me hear the exhaust?" Of course the answer was a resounding "NO!"

I saw the Show Car in Detroit in January but this was my first in person viewing of the production version. My quick impressions are as follows:

-Overall GTO looks great
-Engine bay is AWESOME, you will definitetly be popping the hood often
-Interior looks great
-Production wheels are a lot more plain-looking in person, kind of disappointing
-Show Car's 245/40R18s looked a lot better
-If you don't live in the snow, get more aggressive rubber
-Spoiler doesn't look bad at all

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was also there and was impressed with the new GTO. Not the flashiest car there, but nevertheless, it had a great look to it and it's exciting. I also tried to get them to let me sit in it, as well as start it, but they told me to go pound salt and never come back. Nice to see a Grand Am GXP, there as well as Competition-package GTP. You get a feeling that Pontiac is really starting to get it's act together. How about that gorgeous tall blond model/Pontiacette showing those cars....WOW!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks Tigger. That's the most red on red production model pictures I have seen. By the way, is that bird crap below the Pontiac emblem in picture 41?:)

·
DOG
626 Posts
nasa43 said:
Thanks Tigger. That's the most red on red production model pictures I have seen. By the way, is that bird crap below the Pontiac emblem in picture 41?:)
No. Just a really bad flash. The lighting in the convention center wasn't even close to ideal for photo work.

I have about 20 more even higher res pictures waiting to go online. I'm watching my ancient linux box server melt under the load right now ;) (Actually it isn't that bad yet).

My honest impressions are:

The styling is very sedate yet sporty. This car doesn't scream "I'm going to kick your ass" like some of the other cars that I saw did. At the same point, I think the phone company fleet car was highly unjust. Looking at the car you can tell its quick, its nimble and its going to be fun. Of course, if you are going up against it, you're going to wonder what the heck just kicked your ass and frankly thats the exact look I want.

Rule #1 of street racing - Its better to look slow and be fast than to look fast and be slow.

For the people that are pissed off that it doesn't look like the old GTO, they can go screw. This car doesn't need hood scoops or a hood tach. On the other hand, I don't like the grille as much as I thought I would, I think the SEMA car grille was much better (if it was painted to match the car). Doesn't really matter though. Most people won't be seeing the front of the car :) and frankly, it is still an acceptable front end. We live in a day where honda civics have duel exhaust, hood scoops, gauges everywhere and monster wings. Back in the 60's it was cool. Today its just stupid and wouldn't work on this car.

The red interior looks even better then I expected. I was dreading something along the lines of the blue interior (Nothing against it, but it is WAY to bright for my tastes) and this is a very dark red interior. It should look outstanding on the black car I'm getting.

The engine bay - Talk about being very refined. Everything seemed to flow with a purpose. Nothing was routed in odd places that I could tell. Should be very VERY easy to modify. There seemed to be a good amount of room for cramming in extras.

Final judgement - I'm glad as hell I'm going to be one of the first in tampa. A lot of people were talking to the pontiac reps saying they can't even find a dealer with a slot open before next summer, if any at all. Tampa doesn't have a lot of Pontiac dealers (I think there are 6 total in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Manatee county, with an average allocation of about 5 cars)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the pix Tigger. I was going to post mine as well, but you've covered everything I have....I was 'jonesing' to hear that car run last night....

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ssj71 said:
How about that gorgeous tall blond model/Pontiacette showing those cars....WOW!
Yeah, she was the one who orchestrated the trunk opening for me. Very nice indeed.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
tiggerfan
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing