LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you believe tonight is only the 2nd night I have driven the goat? The car still feels brand new to me because I am discovering new things at every opportunity. I thought I already had all the bases covered.

Tonight, I noticed the following:

1. When you hit unlock button in the keyfob, not only do the interior lights go on, so do the headlamps to pave your way towards the goat.

2. When you shut off everything and you pull the key out and turn the dimmer switch to off as opposed to auto, all lights will turn off in the interior except for the 2 window buttons in the center console. They remain lit with that nice green glow until you open the lock and the door. I thought it was a cool feature in case you needed to roll down the windows and you couldn't find the buttons.

That is all. :zzz:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The headlights coming on when you unlock at night, and the lights staying on when you get out of the car (if you have them set to "Auto") are configurable for length of time they happen in the DIC setup menu. Personally, I have my lights not coming on at unlock and only staying on just briefly (5sec) when I turn the car off because the light in my garage is on for 2min and my garage is separate from my apt anyway. I've nevr noticed the interior lights thing as I turned my lights to Auto the first time I got in the car and haven't messed with it since. But good to know.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, you can adjust that in the DIC. I think I have it set to flash my parking lights twice only on unlock and honk the horn twice. Both flash and honk once on locking.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
the window button lights will stay on for that 15 min time period that the power is still flowing to your windows after you shut the car off. guess the car is telling you that you can use those buttons. youll also notice that at night when you unlock your car and before you start the car, the window button lights are not on, and subsequently, you cannot use the windows until the car is turned on, its actually kinda cool if you think about it, the car (at night atleast) lets you know when you can and cant use your windows...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts