LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep went to the dealer today to have them look at my front bumper that was pulling away from the body( drivers side under the turnsignal). She is gettin a whole new nose, and they wont let me keep the old one ,already asked (for the garage wall) , they have to send it back to the plant for the engineers to look at it, looks like a bad design the way they have the bumper mounted on some plastic clips . It looks like they would snap and break pretty easy. No i didnt break it .At the same time i had them look at the windsheild gasket coming out about an inch.

So we are waiting for parts from down under!!

The good news is that they wont put that damn license plate frame back on!

Please match the paint :hail:

·
Registered
347 Posts
ummm the plastic clips are made to hold the outer bumper onto the metal bumper, it is really an ornamental piece. However there is a reason for the plastic bumper and plastic clips holding it. The main reason is that usually you can have a bingel rip the plastic bumper off and still get home ... this can be very important if your in the arse end of no-where.

But yeah its ok because they are fairly tough and can be replaced at a fairly reasonable price. They take some force to get off :banghead: not that i would know but yeah it helped me get a car home that i would have otherwise had to get towed from the arse end of no-where.

should ask them if you can get the monaro front instead ;)

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
My GTO was missing the two screws that secured the front fascia to the passenger side front wheel well. I discovered this while removing the front fascia to paint the honeycomb grills. In the course of removing, re-installing, removing again, etc... my front fascia (I've had it off a half dozen times), I broke one of those plastic clips you're talking about. (Not on the bumper side; fascia side.) I used some high performance epoxy my body guy gave me to repair the clip, good as new. The dealer installed the missing screws. (Get this, they wouldn't just GIVE me the screws. They insisted on replacing the screws themselves... warranty and all. Geesh.)

Anyway, I am VERY familiar with how the front fascia is fastened to the car. And auzzie is right... if I had to, I could tear that sucker right off by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts