LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I Live for the Right Now!
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all -

I'm one of the newest members here and recently picked up my 2006 GTO. I am very eager to get a meet going somewhere in MD, and I am interested to see how many people would be interested in meeting up. Who lives in MD? For those who don't live in MD, would you be interested in coming to MD? I know a great spot here in Columbia (a loading wharehouse yard) that we could all meet up at and possibly take pics. As far as a drive, we could leave Columbia and head to Arundel Mills (15-20 min drive) and get some food. I am open to suggestions.

Please, if you are interested in setting this up, reply to this thread and email me directly: [email protected]

Vanquish

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe...

If we can get this first meet going, I might be compelled to start a club of some sort. Since I believe in going all out when I do things, the club would have custom T-shirts made and maybe even a wallet card with your name/alias, car, and club name on it.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05Yellow Jacket said:
Sounds like a good idea. Congrats on your new ride.
Cool! Good to hear and thx! Can you spread the word to GTO owners you know? I wouldn't mind getting something going this weekend if only for an hour or so. I'm getting tint and HID's put in on Sat afternoon, so I'll be ready for anything after that.

At the meet, we can do pics, talk mods, get food, or whatever. Oh, at the location warehouse yard, there is a decent strip for burnouts and launches.

Tell people about this thread!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Give it a day or two you should get some more replies.Igot a buddy of mine in Glenburnie with an 06 GTO who would probably interested also.Let us know what day,time and where.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05Yellow Jacket said:
Give it a day or two you should get some more replies.Igot a buddy of mine in Glenburnie with an 06 GTO who would probably interested also.Let us know what day,time and where.
Oh yea, definitely. I don't know if you have ever been to Columbia, but the place I have in mind is down the street past the United Artists movie theater. If we go to Arundel Mills, there is a parking lot in front of the Walmart that I use to take my M3 to for M3 meets.

If anyone is down for meeting on Sat, assuming weather permits, I will be available after my tinting and HID's are done, which should be around 4:00.

·
Capital City GTO's
956 Posts
My car is in the shop till Wednesday, so I can't make this one. Wish I could.

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
I am down! let me know a forsure meet time.

John

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok! For those who are interested...

If meeting that the warehouse works and then going to Arundel, please send me an email confirming your availibility. [email protected] In your email, please include your handle on ls2forum.com, where you are coming from, and the time you are available to meet.

I will map out how to get to this warehouse yard or I might just recommend we meet at the far-end parking lot of Wal-Mart at Arundel Mills.

Thanks!

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
00blackss said:
I am in Westminster. I might be up for something, depends on the time. i am slammed with college work.
Just send me an email if you are up for something. Again, to everyone interested, send me an email if you are up for something. I don't want to map out any directions, etc... until we get a confirmation.

·
Can't have enough V8s
1,932 Posts
PSU football game saturday and busy sunday but maybe the next one

·
Capitol City GTO's
1,751 Posts
I could be there I gotta run theNavy football game so if its before 6 im in. Sunroof needs to be used.

Mike P

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got a car show going on down here in Southern MD on Saturday. Need to make plans a little further in advance.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ACEGTO said:
Got a car show going on down here in Southern MD on Saturday. Need to make plans a little further in advance.
What kind of car show? What makes and models? Exact location and time?

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
yah that could be fun to cruise out to

John

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ok. Anyone want to meet-up at Arundel Mills and then cruise out to the show? Let me know. Check thread for my email.

Show info:

Event: Southern MD Corvette Club Cruise-In
Time: 3 PM Duration: 06:00 hours
Author: Carol Morelli

Come join the HOOTERS GIRLS, who will be on hand to meet and greet during the Annual Cruise-in Sponsored by the Southern Maryland Corvette Club from 3 PM-9PM at A&W Restaurant located on MD Route 5 in Callaway. Open to all makes of cars, trucks, motorcycles, classics, hot rods and custom vehicles. $5 registration fee at event, dash plaque included for first 100 cars. For more information contact Bill Gilligan (301)994-3926 or Dave Grimsley (301)863-2836. RAIN DATE is Sep 17 from 3 PM-9PM.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got off the phone with Bill and he said the show was still a go. It is cloudy here but no rain. Looks like the clouds will start to clear out around the time the show starts.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts