LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 GTO does anybody know the part number or size that I need for the high and low pressure lines that go into the rack and pinion

·
GR-RRR!
5,021 Posts
Pontiac 19188397

SEAL, Steering Gear

SEAL,P/S GEAR INLET PIPE (O RING)(8.927)
Those are for the AC system. I think what the OP is looking for are the o-rings where the power steering lines attach to the steering rack. I'd actually like to know the same thing as I'll be installing some LT headers soon.

At least the description says AC line. Maybe the same o-rings are the same for both applicaitons?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I was installing headers in the high side I believe did not have an o-ring in it that was probably the reason why it was leaking but I believe they're both the same size o rings

·
GR-RRR!
5,021 Posts
I called my local GM dealer and they told me those o-rings mentioned above are the ones listed for the power steering lines. Apparently these o-rings are used in a whole lot of different applications. When I do a search elsewhere for GM parts with this part number they come up as pressure sensor seals. Would be nice if they expanded on their descriptions though and listed all the actual applications then.

·
GR-RRR!
5,021 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts