LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving back from the track right in Mundeline on 45 (he is trying to turn onto 83 but is stuck in traffic) black GTO. I give a friendly flash of the brights and wave .... nothing back

On 53 between 83 and lake cook road there is a IBM GTO going North Bound making a left turn, I do the same and this guy looks at me like I'm crazy (he is on his cell phone)

:(

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I would of waved like an idiot :D

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I ran into a black 68 hardtop GTO last weekend. We did the back and forth look see thing and then the "Listen to this" Rev and go. We basicly showed off to each other for about two miles and waved "nice car". Both of us left with big smiles..

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DevilYellow said:
... and this guy looks at me like I'm crazy (he is on his cell phone)
:(
Probably a BMW with a GTO body kit

·
Registered GTO Abuser
152 Posts
well im in gurnee and i have grown up with the vette set and always wave
to vettes and gto's so if you see a impulse blue with chrome wheels throw an arm out and ill return

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
This weekend I actually saw two of them. One was Sunday evening. It was a woman, I rolled up next to her but she wouldn't even look over. I also saw one cruising through a park. I gave the thumbs up and he revved it. Both were black with red interior. The guy at the park had some big chrome rims on his.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
You will always get a wave from me unless I have the blinders on
or your driving Rice :eek2:
Some how Cheesehead's and Rice just don't mix well for my taste :gr_jest:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was in Rochester, NY this past weekend and pulled up behind an IBM at a light. First one I've seen on the road! Finally got side of him later on and we both exchanged thumbs-up with the ear to ear grin! I'm with Holeshot - I'll always wave if I see you.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
'05 GTO Nationals - St. Louis
116 Posts
Most the time, I'm greeted with a return wave, or at least a smile. Very seldom do I get the "what's your problem?" look. :eek2: But it does happen.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Not everyone is car-people. They don't notice the nitrous test-spray from the cowl of the Viper at the stoplight.

1/2 the goats I've seen on the road were oblivious to me.

Makes it that much more fun to see one of all ya'll.

·
Still plays with cars...
521 Posts
It's a gearhead thing...most people consider a car just another appliance. Can't understand why someone who feels that way would buy a GTO, though. I love all performance cars (although I do have a favorite one painted Torrid Red). Rest assured, you'd get my wave and thumbs up (though I've seen exactly 1 other GTO here in Nebraska so far). Here's to all you LS1GTO enthusiasts from sunny (?) Omaha!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey! This goes to all the GTO drivers out there. I love my GOAT. It's badass. People see it and go WOW! that's nice, WHOA! how cool, look honey it's a GTO. When you see it you can't mistake it for any other car. The sound is like no other.It's just plain COOOL!!! If you see my black m6 drivin around I'll rev, wave, flash lights, honk, hell I'll even pop the clutch and burn some BFgoodrich rubber for ya (can you say rubber meltdown). Hey lets pullover and chat about our goats. Just think in 6 months there will be so many mods available these cars will be LS1 UNMERCIFUL!!! GTO DRIVERS LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
A few months back I pulled along side a red GTO that was in the left turn lane and tapped the horn. After doing so I noticed his ride. His windows were not tinted whatsoever and he had a pair of 6" fuzzy red dice hanging from the rearview, had a red goatee, and had a red beret on. I dont think that he even recognized my car as a Goat. He just gave one glance and looked on as if to say that he is driving a Goat and you arent ****.

I do love my car but to have that sort of attitude just pisses me off! I am totally willing to open my goat up for anyone interested. I really laughed this guy off because he is missing the whole spirit of having this car.

For the goat owners mainly: imaging seeing a red goat with clear windows, fuzzy dice, and a guy driving with a red beret that refuses to acknowlege other goats?

I think that I am fortunate to encounter other owners to share info and offer support with goat ownership and for the most part do not look down on other car owners that do reasonable work on their rides.

This guy just struck me as a total ass from the get go; and that is rare!!!

_DM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I get that a lot around here, I've seen 4 other GTO's around where I live, none of them even look (theyre older guys mostly). 04Blue w/ white racing stripes, 04 red, stock, 04 black, stock... and another..

sorry if im bringing this topic from the graves.

·
Registered
491 Posts
As long as you guys wave back at me (I dont drive a GTO) I will continue to wave at all goat owners!! :)

Being a past F-body owner, I always wave at F-body owners too, but since I drive a monte carlo they are too cool to wave back and think they are the shit...that pisses me off.

·
Eat Italian
1,007 Posts
I've had the "no wave" a dozen times now. I've flashed my brights and people look at me like I'm on crack. Oh well, sooner or later I'll run into one of you and you'll return the favor!!

I'm in Mundelein all the damn time, I have seen one (silver) GTO and that was yesterday. Unfortunately, I was in my "beater" car : (

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Z28toaZ34toaGTO said:
As long as you guys wave back at me (I dont drive a GTO) I will continue to wave at all goat owners!! :)

Being a past F-body owner, I always wave at F-body owners too, but since I drive a monte carlo they are too cool to wave back and think they are the shit...that pisses me off.
Not so much too cool. It is just that if there is not apparent reason for the wave (IE "Hey we both have sweet rides") people just tend to think "WhoTF was that dweeb? Do I know them?" and keep rolling on. There is a guy around town here in a Nice TA that waves to me when I'm in the GTO. I got in the habbit of flashing the lights at him when we pass about once a week. When I drive by in the Dakota he just looks at me funny. :gr_jest: :sneaky: :gr_jest:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts