LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
For $10 more, we can get you a 4" inlet filter with the induction. THe stock GTO MAF is 3.5" Just let us know when ordering.

We also offer an 85mm Z06 maf conversion for $149.99.

Tom

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
larger throttle body is a waste??

Talked to 2 people this week on installing larger throttle bodies. One is a outstanding field engineer forn GM and the other is a manufacturer of superchargers. Both told me the same thing. Without being ablt to modify the PCM computer, installing a larger throttle body only give a temprorary improvement because the MAss sensor input changes will be "re-adjusted and compensated by the PCM so the net return aftger compensation will be 0. One of them verified this on a dyno with a corvette. has anyone experienced this?? :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Crap! I just bought a 90mm TB and 85mm MAF. I haven't installed yet, but from what I am hearing that without additional tuning, I basically wasted my money. Is that right? I don't really know that much about the technical side of all this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tune the car in speed density mode like our friends in Australia have done for years.

You can make your CAI out of just about anything at that point... You could make it out of dryer flex duct if you so desired :). Anyhow, you save the cost of a new MAF, etc....

·
Retired and still working....
1,324 Posts
Every LS1 reacts differently to a new maf. I've heard many people having problems after changing the maf on LS1's. Do a search on LS1tech or LS1.com, there are many examples. Not worth it unless you are HIGHLY modified IMO. Spend your money on a p & p throttle body.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts