LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, is the GTO pcm tuned like the Corvette, or like the f-bods? The reason I ask this, is because the GTO LS1 is rated the same hp as the Vette, but the Vette is supposed to be the "no 1" performance car in GM's line up, I wouldn't think they would let the GTO "be the same" as the vette.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
PCM Tune

UBDSLO1 said:
Just wondering, is the GTO pcm tuned like the Corvette, or like the f-bods? The reason I ask this, is because the GTO LS1 is rated the same hp as the Vette, but the Vette is supposed to be the "no 1" performance car in GM's line up, I wouldn't think they would let the GTO "be the same" as the vette.
I am going to 'assume' you mean the Powertrain module out of the three. Please forgive me if I err. GM might allow a similar sharp tune, with allowances for the differences in weight, etc. if no bone was made of it publicly. I am already beginning to suspect the HP and torque numbers are a tad understated to avoid tromping on the Vette's toes publicly. Somebody will actually have to datalog the PTM on each and compare. I think I'll go see the Corvette guru at Clay again for a little bench racing. If he knows, I'll know. He has adopted the GTO as living proof the Vette can be turned into anything and regards it as a Vette with four seats...;>) Now if we can just get the Ute imported as the El Camino, I'll give #2 son the keys to the S-10 ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts