LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any problems, Im having quite a few problems!

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I peel out there is a loud banging noise in the rear end, the dic display is halfway out, the radio shuts off, rear passenger window is all scratched up, and the passenger door seal is leaking very badly. My dealer is in the process of repairing everything. Even though i am having minor problems, this car is still the [email protected]$#!!! Im not complaining I just wanted to see if anybody else is having these problems.

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds horrible....I dont think it is wheel hop... sounds like it is in the trunk!!!

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
DOG
626 Posts
Its the wheel chocks on mine. Took me forever to solve it. Just wedged them in a little tighter and no noise for me.

Not saying it couldn't be something else.

·
Registered
529 Posts
the dic display is halfway out
Chim Chim,

Can you explain this? I'm not sure what you are referring to but I am concerned. I'm compiling a list of things to check when I pick up my GTO. Whenever that is.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Chim-chim, my theory on the noise you hear from the rear is the differential. If you look at the way it is mounted, the front is bolted down, while the rear is in a rubber isolator. I think that when I shift into second, the diff bottoms out the isolator and it thunks. I posted about this in a seperate thread, hoping to get a reply from an Aussie that might already know about this, but have not heard anything yet.

·
Registered
835 Posts
cvp33 said:
Chim Chim,

Can you explain this? I'm not sure what you are referring to but I am concerned. I'm compiling a list of things to check when I pick up my GTO. Whenever that is.
The bottom half of the LCD below the speedometer on my car is blank. The dealer is waiting for a new one to install.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
For me when I shut off the T/C and hit the gas hard....the car makes a squealing noise and theres always black tire marks behind the car.

Other then that..i did get a thumping noise once..but I was really stepping on it.

·
Double Din Man
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tiggerfan said:
Its the wheel chocks on mine. Took me forever to solve it. Just wedged them in a little tighter and no noise for me.

Not saying it couldn't be something else.
What is a wheel chock?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Two red wedges located in the trunk with the tire iron and the jack. You're supposed to put them against you tires so the car can't roll while you are jacking it.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Beavis mode on:

He He - He said 'jacking it' - He He

Beavis mode off.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I live in the Chicagoland area and its been really cold lately, but the problem Ive been having is the defrosters dont do a good job clearing the side windows. The windshield is fine but the sides just wont clear.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts