LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
you need underglows and those string glow neon lights in your interior.
I was thinking about it. The new camaro has those string lights in it from the factory.....

I seriously was thinking about a 6” led lightbar under my hood tho. After I clean it all up, for the car meets we have every week.

·
Administrator
8,291 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,364 Posts
I was thinking about it. The new camaro has those string lights in it from the factory.....

I seriously was thinking about a 6” led lightbar under my hood tho. After I clean it all up, for the car meets we have every week.
Yeah i was actually looking at the ambient lighting options in the new camaro. On an LT1 no less.

I dunno. Just extra crap you gotta pay for that doesn't help you go faster. That (at least i thought) was the "point" of the LT1... stripper model. Sort of.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
Actually what I would have preferred would have been illuminated door sill plates but the guy who used to make them no longer does. I have illuminated door sill plates on my daily and I think they are actually a nice touch.
I was too broke to buy those back in the day. I wish they were still available now from a reputable vendor.

Yeah i was actually looking at the ambient lighting options in the new camaro. On an LT1 no less.

I dunno. Just extra crap you gotta pay for that doesn't help you go faster. That (at least i thought) was the "point" of the LT1... stripper model. Sort of.
And crap to break after the B2B warranty expires. Get your J-230-498235-09234 tool ready to replace those lights.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That's what I thought too.
Where did you get them again?
Ebay. They are all over though the GTO versions seem to be drying up. Search for "ghost shadow light" and add GTO or whatever make you want.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,531 Posts
Well, like I said, I would never do that to my car. But I need a hole saw so maybe I'll order them.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, like I said, I would never do that to my car. But I need a hole saw so maybe I'll order them.
I can send you the one I got since I never used it.....

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here is one buying option. Looks like getting them from China is your only bet and that could take 2-3 months at this point. I got mine from Hong Kong but that was before Covid moved in. Now getting anything out of there will take months if ever at all.

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
The hole saw is made of papier mache. Didn't last through one hole for me. Not worth the shipping.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The hole saw is made of papier mache. Didn't last through one hole for me. Not worth the shipping.
Wow, seriously? Did you drill into the metal of the door or the plastic of the door panel?

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
Metal of the door, at the bottom. Once that bit was demolished, I tried again with a standard holesaw of the same size. worked fine.

The holesaw sent with the kit is trash.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I would guess the holesaw in the kit wasn't meant for metal, only plastic and vinyl of the door panels. For $15-$20 for the whole kit I guess you can't expect Milwaukee level tools! :D

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
I would guess the holesaw in the kit wasn't meant for metal, only plastic and vinyl of the door panels. For $15-$20 for the whole kit I guess you can't expect Milwaukee level tools! :D
A fair guess. But then, what am I to do when I have a metal door? Use tape? ;)

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
A fair guess. But then, what am I to do when I have a metal door? Use tape? ;)
Put it in the door panel instead? That's what all the instructional photos show.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts