LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LS1 Goat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw on the grand am forums matt connolly needs one more driver for the gto.r for the 24hrs of daytona.......so whose got a FIA compition licence? :driving:

·
Goat sold
841 Posts
I hope they get one. Not they are going to win, but its nice to see a GTO back in the Rolex. They were so awesome, but only for a little while.

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
I went to F1 go kart racing in braintree MA last week, i had been there before they usualy have a few show cars in the lobby. Viper, porches, BMW m3 anyway... i walked in looking for the sweet m3 that was around last time i was there and find a GTO-R in its place. i was so excited considering the world hates gtos.. that thing was badass, i want those custom front fenders it has for the wider tires... great shit.. i was tring to find what was in it for suspension but they wouldnt let me touch it(they didnt care that i owned one bastards), i was hopeing to maybe find some big bores in the back lol... they must have knew i was coming and swapped out the cars for me :D

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Give me the car to drive and some track time, and I will pass the license test and drive for free......... ;) This offer is good........well, forever.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I went to F1 go kart racing in braintree MA last week, i had been there before they usualy have a few show cars in the lobby. Viper, porches, BMW m3 anyway... i walked in looking for the sweet m3 that was around last time i was there and find a GTO-R in its place. i was so excited considering the world hates gtos.. that thing was badass, i want those custom front fenders it has for the wider tires... great shit.. i was tring to find what was in it for suspension but they wouldnt let me touch it(they didnt care that i owned one bastards), i was hopeing to maybe find some big bores in the back lol... they must have knew i was coming and swapped out the cars for me :D
You were talking about a wide body kit for the GTO. Go here. This is the best looking one I've seen. $5000 tho. But thats EVERYTHING..
http://www.bodykits.com/249/250/551/4034/4035/4036/2004-2007-PONTIAC-GTO-PRO-DTM-WIDE-BODY-KIT-p-75965.html

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
no it was the gtoR the front fender as nearly stock yet stuck out further, it was almost like they just deformed a stock fender to allow a wider tire

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts

i couldnt find any great pictures of the fender but just by looking at this picture you can tell they are alot wider than the stock fenders

·
Registered
778 Posts
no it was the gtoR the front fender as nearly stock yet stuck out further, it was almost like they just deformed a stock fender to allow a wider tire
At first I thought they probably rolled it out. But after looking at it I think they fab'd it from fresh sheet metal. From what they have told me in the past they say everything is in-shop fabricated. Not sure what is actually stock from the production GTO. I think Pontiac has to supply them with the nose and tail, much like in stockcar racing.

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
whatever they did i want it, it still matches the rest of the car as far as styling goes yet allows for a wider tire to look correct.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have my SCCA national lisence does that count? I race formula fords if that means anything. I know some guys who hae raced in the rolex series and i believe they won if im not mistaken.

p.s. im actually pretty good not gonna lie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts