LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the GTO-R took all the marbles, some new t-shirts commemorating the victory would be nice. Anyone from TRG listening? (hint hint)

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
That would be nice.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
i'd buy one :thumbs:

·
Times Up Ponyboy!!
1,092 Posts
City Goat said:
i'd buy one :thumbs:
or a few...would make great Christmas gifts.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Here's the reply I got from TRG apparel:

"There are no plans at this time to produce any championship apparel.

Thank you for your support "

·
To all who came before me
132 Posts
ok, I'm convinced, Pontiac and TRG just dont give a rats ass about this car or the people who have spent thier hard earned money to buy one. They have single-handedly driven this car into the ground in the US. I'm so dissappointed that they could not put just the slightest effort in advertising, sponsers and support for from the factory for developing this car even further.... it just f'ing gets me heated!

·
132 Posts
they have handled this so half-ass, why did they even release this awesome car here in the US. They have put incredible shame on the Holden Monaro name... They could have done so much better... just like Al Davis and the Radiers, they just want to win right this second, and instead of sticking with a well thoughtout plan, the abandon it before it can get going... if that makes any sense

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I really don't see it that way. Pontiac and TRG have spent some serious cash for us. From Daytona, Mid Ohio, The Glen............. Open track pit access. Hospitality trailers/tents. Access to the drivers, autograph sessions, garage passes. preferred GTO parking.

As far as retail marketing I agree but it stops there.

·
132 Posts
You have a point and its noted... IMHO, thats the basics that comes with have the racing teams. In my experience there is only one dealership that knows what they are doing. Thats Mike White at Dublin Pontiac, he has gone through extra great lengths to provide the kind of sevice that should be expected (DMS to the left). The dealership where I got my goat at, they did not even know what kind of oil goes in the car! It's a joke... flat out joke. In repects to TRG and others, I will admit that I dont have much experence in that area with them... I still think that Pontiac and GM screwed up big time...

·
132 Posts
Holeshot said:
I really don't see it that way. Pontiac and TRG have spent some serious cash for us. From Daytona, Mid Ohio, The Glen............. Open track pit access. Hospitality trailers/tents. Access to the drivers, autograph sessions, garage passes. preferred GTO parking.

if they do all that, why not make a $20 T-shirt? Have a contest where people enter in thier ideas, designs and so on? This is not directed just at you Holeshot, just throwing it out there... cause I dont have an answer and it seems you have more info on TRG then me. I just learned last week that I live about one hour from TRG, maybe I will try to ask someone in person?

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
Holeshot said:

As far as retail marketing I agree but it stops there.
1405, I agree with Holeshot. TRG is a "Class-Act", and have been great. The Marketing Dept. researches everything. I believe if there is enough interest they may come up with a Limited Edition. The main thing is to show interest.

·
132 Posts
ok, 2 to 1.... Im not saying they are not class act at all. Im just a typical car freak who does not know much about that side of the fence. It seems you guys know more, thanks for making your points. I still wish they would make the darn t-shirt though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for the kind comments and of course everyone's opinions on whats gone on are welcomed and noted. My name is Chad Crowell, Creative and Internet Marketing Manager for TRG.

We have a lot going on right now, with the championship wins, planning for 2007, and so many opportunities on the table. Kevin and all of us are all buckled down right now getting everything in line for next year.

We really appreciate all the support throughout 2006, and trust me, we have been lurking and keeping tabs. Just wanted to let you know Kevin and I had a discussion today about some celebratory materials such as t-shirts. No decisions have been made but we are looking at options. This came up for the first time today so that should explain why Sarah said there were no plans as of yesterday. in fact, ls6gto's question to her may have prompted Kevin to think about it more.

I'll let you know what the outcome is- but no guarantees. Also, we discussed possibly running a deal on the TRG/GTO shirts we have in stock, so I'll also let you in on that when we finalize it.

Thanks again- will post again when I have more to tell.

Chad

·
132 Posts
wow, i really feel like a dip$hit now........ I was proven wrong, thats 3 to 1!

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL! I'm not out to prove anyone wrong...just to let you know we are here and listening. I can't comment on how GM has handled the GTO vehicle program, but we at TRG have put all our efforts and dollars into winning the series, and pushing the GTO's as far as we could. I think our success has put the GTO name out there more than it would have been had we been also-rans.

TRG has changed a lot in the past 6 months, as far as getting personnel and programs in order. There was a lot of flux for about a year, but the sales and marketing team we have in place now is second to none...we will be responsive and constantly building new programs...so stay tuned.

Chad

·
132 Posts
well thanks for your input, i have changed my opinion about the support outside companies have given the GTO... GM on the other hand, not so much. But they do provide alot to the development of race cars, but not to the normal guys like me... I do plan on coming to your facility next week, not after this thread but because I want to visit and learn more about road racing and what it takes to win

·
Registered
24 Posts
We'd love to have you 1405, as well as anyone who wants to stop in. Kevin will be gone next week in Atlanta, so you may want to wait a week or so.

Also, there is a big PRC event at the end of October at Infineon that we will be at, you should think about coming over to check it out, our whole team will be out there, including Andy Lally I believe. I know the P in PRC doesn't stand for Pontiac- but you could pretend ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
You have a link to existing/currently-available GTO-R apparel?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts