LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Suspension Guru
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The stock Radius rod bushings are the biggest suspension problem on the GTO by far. They allow the tires to kick back in the wheel well 1-2 inches on braking. This movement also causes changes in the toe of the front wheels and will cause them to wear on the inside edges of the front tires. You may also have 'Braking Wander', the car seems to pull to the right and left under braking.

The Pedders EP9166 Radius Rod Bushings are a drastic improvement over the stock parts.

Advantages:
Improved tire wear
Improved braking feel
Improved steering feel
Less road wander
Cool Pedders Red color

Tips:
Drivers side only has an extra stock washer on the rear of the Radius Rod, you can re-use it, but it's not required.
Small amount of lube on the bushing face between the bushing and cupped washer, as well as between the ferrule and bushing.
Front nut torque to 109lb ft
Set to Sport Setting always.
2mm and 8mm spacers go to the rear most position
4mm spacer goes in the front between the large cupped washer, and the nut
Installing with less spacers in the rear will increase caster, but may cause the tire to contact the fender liner in front of the tire on turns, this can be corrected by moving the fender liner forward.

Leaving the stock caster offset washer on the drivers side is optional, I do not reuse them, others do, neither was is right or wrong, just different. I like to set the caster dead even, while GM likes it to be offset to make the car drift to one side.
http://wretchedms.com/product_info.php?cPath=200_22_49_53&products_id=49

I need to re-do the above pic...

·
The 6 Litre rice eater
2,099 Posts
i should have these tomorrow on the day after :)

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
What nuts/bolts do I need to replace when doing this? Do you happen to have the part numbers? I dont trust Rally Chevrolet. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong, but I dont believe there are any nuts or bolts that need to be replaced to replace the rr bushings.

·
17D
442 Posts
can't wait to put mine on tomorow. Thanks again for your help rob!

·
I Love My 3rd Gear
809 Posts
so your saying, even if I had brand new stock bushings they allow the tires to kick back in the wheel well 1-2 inches on braking? Or just that the stock ones tend to fail quickly, so most of us that dont have brand new bushings will experience these problems? I know you are trying to sell a product, but please give me an honest answer to this

·
I Love My 3rd Gear
809 Posts
i know i know, we had an PM convo about these. I will probably get some eventually. I just have a few more important things to spend $245 on right now. When I do pull the trigger, how easy is the install time wise? I have access to a lift, but it is really neccesary? I always seem to be buying stuff and installing it hoping my parents and grandfather don't notice because they give me sh!t everytime I buy stuff for my car, even though he buys a lot of shit for his viper :dunno:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Possible to buy just one? My battery decided to do a number on the Pedders bushing on the passenger side.

·
Nuff Said
372 Posts
Rob,

Are there any GM bulletins out about the radius rod bushings? I'm trying to have the dealer replace while it's still under warranty before I go ahead and spend money on upgrading the suspension with a Pedders setup.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think i am going to do the radius rod bushing when i do my rims.

Do i have to worry about alignment after installing this?

What other bushings are worth replacing in the front end of my 13k miles 06? thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts