LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
06PBM 6SPD / 06BOM A-4
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are waiting on their GOAT's here is an update for you...My car was built on 2/12/06 it arrived in Benencia port California today 4/18/06 according to what my dealer told me today. I have a GM memo that says the cars stay in California for 8 days during port check in, spoiler install/battery fuses etc.. then some are trucked to destinations in the western region others put on a train and sent to Fairfax, Kansas...then they are mixed in with other GM cars and either put back on a train or a truck and sent to your dealers locations..shipping time from California after 8 day check in to area dealers is approximately 2 weeks I hope this helps! I'm going to rip up the streets real soon!:gears:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats awesome news. I hope mine is on their it was built 3/8/06. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
375 Posts
mr.jason said:
For those who are waiting on their GOAT's here is an update for you...My car was built on 2/12/06 it arrived in Benencia port California today 4/18/06 according to what my dealer told me today. I have a GM memo that says the cars stay in California for 8 days during port check in, spoiler install/battery fuses etc.. then some are trucked to destinations in the western region others put on a train and sent to Fairfax, Kansas...then they are mixed in with other GM cars and either put back on a train or a truck and sent to your dealers locations..shipping time from California after 8 day check in to area dealers is approximately 2 weeks I hope this helps! I'm going to rip up the streets real soon!:gears:
Thanks mr Jason - I wonder if this is the ship mine is on ? ? ? ? There was a shippment due in port on April 11 and then the one my car is on, which has an arrival date of April 29.

Order #: JRXHTV
VIN: 6G2VX12U26L550340
Sailed: February 19
ETA Benicia: April 11

Order #: JRZS9F
VIN: 6G2VX12U4 6L550467
Sailed: March 7
ETA Benicia: April 29

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
Loubo said:
Thanks mr Jason - I wonder if this is the ship mine is on ? ? ? ? There was a shippment due in port on April 11 and then the one my car is on, which has an arrival date of April 29.

But it might also be my ship (april 11th, JRXHTV) just a week or so late. That is what i am guessing cause shortly after my ship left is when that tyfoon hit so they may of had to re-direct a course around it, and ended up being a week late due to that.
But for both of us i hope it is your ship early, we both just want our cars badly........lol:turbonaug

·
1,028 Posts
blueonblue06 said:
Thats awesome news. I hope mine is on their it was built 3/8/06. Only time will tell.
I dont think yours will be on this ship, if you look at when our 2 ships sailed it was before your car was even built. Yours should be on one of the next ships I am sure......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah i just called the dealer and they said it left the port April 18. At least its finally on its way.

·
Registered
375 Posts
kingkong401 said:
But for both of us i hope it is your ship early, we both just want our cars badly........lol:turbonaug
you got that right kingkong:gears:

·
yeah, its paid for
1,483 Posts
Hmmm, mine should be on the ship w/ Wes's. It was sitting on the dock 2/21/06 so hopefully it made it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
kingkong -

Just heard from my dealer and my car got into California on the 19th. Yours should be here also.

·
1,028 Posts
Loubo said:
kingkong -

Just heard from my dealer and my car got into California on the 19th. Yours should be here also.
Wow that is strange, I wounder if your ship beat mine there then. Cause as of Monday mine still showed it was on the ship. And now on gmbuypower.com there is a BOM GTO showing at my dealership(Not actually there yet) but not my VIN and it has 18" which i did not order. And the VIN 6G2VX12UX6L552241 Is a higher number VIN then mine, So it was bulit after mine. There whole system and how things progress are strange......

·
Registered
375 Posts
kingkong401 said:
Wow that is strange, I wounder if your ship beat mine there then. Cause as of Monday mine still showed it was on the ship. And now on gmbuypower.com there is a BOM GTO showing at my dealership(Not actually there yet) but not my VIN and it has 18" which i did not order. And the VIN 6G2VX12UX6L552241 Is a higher number VIN then mine, So it was bulit after mine. There whole system and how things progress are strange......
My dealer better be right :turbonaug

·
1,028 Posts
YES!!!! Mine was in that ship. I was up at my dealer getting somethin looked at on the 04, and seen my sales guy. He just recieved the Invoice Today!!!! ETA is 5/15.....I hope to get it by 5/19 so i can have it for PJ's BBQ.....

·
Registered
375 Posts
kingkong401 said:
YES!!!! Mine was in that ship. I was up at my dealer getting somethin looked at on the 04, and seen my sales guy. He just recieved the Invoice Today!!!! ETA is 5/15.....I hope to get it by 5/19 so i can have it for PJ's BBQ.....
Congrats kingkong but it makes me wonder how both our cars can be on the same ship based on what we were told earlier in another thread:

Wonder if both ships got in around the same time?

·
1,028 Posts
Loubo said:
Wonder if both ships got in around the same time?
That is probly what happened. Mine probly had to detour around that storm thing they had and yours got to go straight through. I am just glad it is on its way, and not to much longer to go!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Are they installing engines and transmissions in AUS now or still shipping the cars to the East coast for that to be done?

JET

·
Registered
375 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Are they installing engines and transmissions in AUS now or still shipping the cars to the East coast for that to be done?
JET
Only spoiler is installed in California - everything else is ready to go.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are the holes in the trunk deck when it is produced(is it made that way), or are the holes drilled at the Holden plant in Aust., or is the drilling done at the port in CA? Does anyone know for SURE?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts