LS1GTO Forums banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

· Worthless reject member
84,756 Posts
Interesting….. just found this image buried in another SAP thread. Apparently it’s a poster from an issue of Hot Rod magazine back in 2005. I think this is the first Pontiac print/ad I’ve seen for the SAP package where the center black plastic of the front extension was painted body color…

View attachment 512337

But then again, if you look at the following poster of the PBM SAP GTO with the Grand Prix GXP, you can see the OEM front grille was left on behind the SAP front extension. I don’t think anyone knew the right way to install/paint these, even Pontiac/GM dealers.

View attachment 512339
If only it wasn't a combined value...

· Pontiac Fanboy
1,832 Posts

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
05 GTO, PBM, M6, SAP, 18s
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Cosmo full SAP may be the ultimate unicorn. Found this shot a while back…

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

· Pontiac Fanboy
1,832 Posts
deep purple colors should make a comback.
I passed on a purple 2015 SS because of a garbage dealership (and bald tires) and I mildly regret not just dealing with their scammy BS.

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Reactions: 2006GTOCGM

· GR-RRR!
14,224 Posts
Looks like another SAP car just joined the site.

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Just got a frame for the SAP poster, adding to my garage art.

Fun Fact: I never noticed this before, but if you look close at the SAP rear-view picture in the top right of the poster, the car has the 04 “GTO” trunk badge (where “Pontiac” should be on the 05/06), along with the “6.0” badge on the right. Clearly this pic was taken before all the whoopla back in the day with ppl bitching the name Pontiac didn’t appear anywhere on the 04. Personally, I think they should have left the GTO badge where it was, regardless of the 05/06 bumper emboss. Hence why I changed mine to 04 style…

Automotive design Wheel Vehicle Table Clock

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

• Love
Reactions: Glynn and zech912

· Administrator
11,736 Posts
I’m glad they changed it to PONTIAC on the trunk in 05. GTO on the trunk and valence/bumper is redundant and looks off.

Then again, no badges on the trunk of an 05-06 look even better.

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The 05/06/SAP bumper GTO emboss isn’t very well seen on some colors, and the Pontiac and 6.0 badges always seemed an odd pair to me—clearly an afterthought. Whereas the original GTO and 5.7 badges made much more sense…but to each his own. Add to that, my Pontiac badge was fairy crooked from the factory. I used to have the Monaro rear insert (no GTO) but went back to my OEM and now finally SAP. I have a couple spare of each trunk badge in case I ever change my mind again.

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Another image for the SAP archives. From old threads, I believe this was a GM pre-production SAP back end, with a two-post version of the high rise SAP spoiler and what may have been an 04-only rear bumper overlay/extension with dual cutouts. Uncertain if this was actually a full replacement rear bumper, but this apparently led to what became the production SAP rear end design.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)

· Administrator
11,736 Posts
Oooh, I bought the 2005 flip card set that seller had listed.

· Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
483 Posts
Cosmo full SAP may be the ultimate unicorn.
Truer words rarely spoken on this forum.
have not seen a Cosmos Purple outside my driveway since 2019 in Hawaii, and don't even remember the one before that, but believe only Six total since new, including one at a GM Auto Show in Motion in 2004.
Thank you Killer & MIA for those pictures 🌌

· |G|et |T|urned |O|n
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
Again, in case anyone is looking for OEM SAP bits… NOS front extension and side skirts for sale on eBay….

· Administrator
11,736 Posts
Nice. Those parts are essentially right down the street from me. For NOS OEM parts, those sure aren’t bad prices.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts