LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have a safe trip Millpond I have some friends here I am cruising to AC via Cape May Lewes Ferry and then philly for dinner and then home again. The are from Poland and have been working here and want to see some sights. So off we go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
MILLPOND said:
Taking the Goat on a run to DC in the morning. Hope to see others along the way.
Depending on what time you leave, I may see you going about 10 miles per hour on 95. :gr_jest:

·
302 6.0 LS2
261 Posts
Hey man, I seen you this morning as I was leaving work, you were on the 404 by-pass and I was two cars behind you till we got to the tractor trailer, that ol' 3.1L in my beater doesnt quite have what it takes,lol. Car looks really good in person even though you were passing, pictures just dont do it any good.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jason!

But I have a big problem. On the way home I almost wreaked the Goat. I lose some of the lugs on the driver side rear tire. I was doing 80 mph when she went out of control across three lanes or rt 50. One of the lugs broke off in my hand when I checked to see how tight the remaining ones were.

Does anyone know if they are spindle plates? or I am going to have to replace the whole shaft?

I just know it is going to be the shaft.

·
302 6.0 LS2
261 Posts
might have to check the wheel and tire section and maybe post up a thread, I personally dont know the difference between a spindle plate and shaft, other than the obvious of one is a plate and one a shaft. What broke, just the lug nuts or the studs also? Sounds messy, good thing you made it back fine.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stud broke. I have a friend who is the manager over the body shop at a Pontiac dealership. He seems to think it will be just a spindle plate or hub....what ever you what to call it. He is checking for me today.

It was a great ride until that happened! I just hate see the Goat in the garage hurt.

·
302 6.0 LS2
261 Posts
could of been worse, at those speeds, could have done a lot of damage in an accident....... I'll soon need to get longer studs from ARP, planing to get a set of Weld Rims, either Draglites or ProStars, 15x3.5" and 15x8"+(will go bigger if I can find the right spacing, etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts