LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DY just put up my tracker info today. With a status of 3800( vehicle produced). Thanks for your time DY(we all appreciate your time you put in it for all of us). But I just got my GTO today... :thumbs:

·
Registered
293 Posts
hey, congratulations on getting your GTO. I think DY accesses the same database information that the dealers use to indicate the status of the car. Was you dealer able to give you more accurate information? My dealer called to tell me the change in status, always after I found it out here first. Have fun with your GTO and i am looking foreward to seeing pics.

·
Registered
524 Posts
extremegto said:
DY, I'm not complaining. I was just letting people know.. The only thing the dealer knows is that it left california on 1/04/04.

My car had 43 miles on it, when it arrived at the dealer. fyi..

Here is a link to some pics....

http://community.webshots.com/album/109283824hwTxSx

We know. We have been following its progress for 4 months. The tracker is just the hard work that DY and Jason put into this site collecting informatiion that Pontiac and the dealers should have been getting to us in some timely fashion. It comes from the GM computer system and there is a lag. The system says the dealers have the cars (5000) but they are nowhere to be found. DY and jason are helping track well over a hundred cars now and although we all are anxious about status, it is a shitpot of work and they cant do it every day. From the dealers we get "What's a TPW". "I think it is on a boat(truck,rail car, yard ....take your pick)" " Production code?" Give me a break!

This site is a boon to us all. Get to share our joy, sorrows, frustrations, anger. Meet new friends. It is a home to guys and gals that love this car. Others are welcome to share their views and support them with facts. (If you want to bash the car, personally I'd rather you do it elswehere. It is ok to bash GM though :D ) It is really great to learn from guys with experience with the engine, and to hear from some folks down under who drive and build its predecessor. I look forward to getting my car and sharing the fun with everybody here. I hope to get some other locals together when the weather is nicer (MD, VA, DC, DE, PA) and have everybody show them off. Hopefully one of every color. Bring your old goat, f body or anything else too. But enjoy the car.

Again, Many thanks to DY and Jason and the others who put their time and effort and likely money into making this the best damn GTO site there is. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jesus what time is it? You see what this car is doing to me? :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
Extremegto - I was beginning to think I goof in ordering an impulse blue instead of black. Some of the pictures from GM had the blue appearing lighter then yours. After seeing your car I'm glad I got impulse blue!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said. I'm not bashing dy or this board. I think it is great, and I know everybody appreciates what he and you are doing to track our vehicles. If nothing else, it gives hope to people. I figured the tracking info came from GM. It doesn't suprise me that it is not accurate.

The blue leather is darker then the pics GM released. I like it better. At first I didn't like the blue exterior. It was too light. It came off the transport with alot of white dust/dirt on it. It really made it look like baby blue. But once she got cleaned up she was perty :D The impulse blue has a chamelon looking paint. in the sunlight it looks blue or purple from different angles.

For those of you that are racers, I found about 150lbs that could be lost off the GTO with out notice. The wheels are very heavy. The heaviest wheels I ever picked up on a car. That oil pan skid plate is very heavy. I first rated it about 15lbs. But I think it might be closer to 30lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts