LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350z is my current car which I was planning to trade in for an 2005 GTO as soon as prices for it fall below 20G (gotta love the GM's).

My concern is this, can a GTO's suspension be modified to match the maneuverability of a 350z (modified as well, sways, coilovers, etc)?

I am not concerned about the straith line acceleration and I can have the OFI ST kit will all accessories installed for lesthen a TT kit for the Z, but the braking/handling is a bit of a concern. Can someone familiar with bother cars please chyme in?

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
There are numerous suspension parts available. Every type of bushing available from several different companies. Mutliple stut tower bars, sway bars, springs, struts, shocks, coilovers all from multiple companies. There is no shortage of parts for the most part. I think the stock '05/'06 brakes are pretty good but again there's many different setups to upgrade to.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Pedders :ftw:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually thinking the Track II setup from pedders with Hotchkis sways (if the sways are not included in the pedders kit). Wider stickier wheels will be done too.
The real question is, will I be able to hang in turns with a 350z with suspension mods...

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Oleg said:
I was actually thinking the Track II setup from pedders with Hotchkis sways (if the sways are not included in the pedders kit). Wider stickier wheels will be done too.
The real question is, will I be able to hang in turns with a 350z with suspension mods...
I venture to say yes. Hell I'll go further and say you'll pass one with ease.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GT086 said:
I venture to say yes. Hell I'll go further and say you'll pass one with ease.

I hope so. Well, even if not, I'd catch him on a straightaway.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Oleg said:
I hope so. Well, even if not, I'd catch him on a straightaway.
That's the right attitude. Don't worry you'll love this car over a 350Z, it's nicer and more comfortable inside, it sounds better, it's a hell of alot faster, and it rides much better.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
a 350Z and a GTO are pretty comparable out the box, and there is a TON of aftermarket suspension stuff for a goat out there, you can make them handle damn well in a corner, and they're already faster then a 350Z in a line so you'll have a more maneuverable faster car

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, guys.

I'll just have to try to find someone in NYC/Long island area who'd be willing to let me ride in his GTO.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Oleg said:
Thanks, guys.

I'll just have to try to find someone in NYC/Long island area who'd be willing to let me ride in his GTO.
Where exactly are you located? We have a huge amount of people in the Tri-State area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GT086 said:
Where exactly are you located? We have a huge amount of people in the Tri-State area.
I am in Brooklyn, NY.
If there is a meet somewhere close to me'd like to know about it and attend.
As long as noone will try to kick my ass for showing up in a 350z.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Oleg said:
I am in Brooklyn, NY.
If there is a meet somewhere close to me'd like to know about it and attend.
Cunningham Park in Queens every Thursday, there's always at least a couple of GTO's there, head down to the North East section for more details.

Oleg said:
As long as noone will try to kick my ass for showing up in a 350z.
I can't guarantee that.:secret:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GT086 said:
Cunningham Park in Queens every Thursday, there's always at least a couple of GTO's there, head down to the North East section for more details.

Thank you.
Will check it out now.

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
I had an 03 350Z NIZMO setup it was a fricken a great car to drive (Long trips were another story however). But then I bought my 04 GTO. They are too totally different cars. After a few months I found myself driving the GOAT more often then the Z. When GM had the large discounts I got the itch and got rid of both and bought an 05 GTO and I tell you I don't miss the Z a bit.

·
Is how strong not how many
64 Posts
GT086 said:
That's the right attitude. Don't worry you'll love this car over a 350Z, it's nicer and more comfortable inside, it sounds better, it's a hell of alot faster, and it rides much better.
+1 I have both (see sig.) and the GTO is better in any respect. Go ahead you'll never look back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts